Refund amount not showing up in my PayPal Balance?

Detrik
Contributor
Contributor

I purchaed something from Ebay a while ago. It never arrived, contacted seller, turns out there was an issue and I got a full refund to my paypal. I got the following email:

Unfortunately, we didn't receive valid tracking information from the seller. We're sorry you had a problem with your purchase.

We issued you a full refund of $12.99 on Nov 17, 2016 to your PayPal account. The refund includes the purchase price plus original shipping.

However, it's been far past 48 hours (A week or so, actually) and my balance still shows as zero. I've gone to my activity and advanced search on my paypal account, and it shows no refund.

(Side note, when I made the ebay purchase I didnt have a paypal account, so it used a guest account instead I guess. I have since made a proper paypal account in the same email I made the ebay purchase in, as I read doing that will combine the guest paypal account and your new paypal account. Is that perhaps the issue?)

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Detrik

If you funded the original paypal payment to the seller with a debit or credit card (which you would have done if you were a guest payer) then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your bank account or credit card but takes up to a week to process through to the bank and a bit longer for a c.c (paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Detrik
Contributor
Contributor

Ah, alright. Thank you for clearing that up. I thought that may have been the case but since the email was specifrically saying it would be refunded to my paypal account I was a bit confused. Thanks again for the answer, take care.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.