Received an item that is damaged by customs in my country. What can I do?

bronsonj_0
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a Pandora charm from the UK & paid over $800.00 for this.  Waited forever & found out it was held up in customs.  Finally received it and the packaging was all torn apart.  The sapphire is cracked & now is a worthless pandora charm.  I have purchased this to match another one that I had already.  I do not want the seller to be responsible for this as she had nothing to do with it.  What am I suppose to do?  Is there someone who I can file a claim with in regards to this?  I feel like this is too much money to be out because of customs!

Please help.

Thanks,

RoseSmiley Mad

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

saga_s
New Community Member

Hi I RECENTLY PURCHASED AN iPhone from a seller. The charger's been givin me problems since I got it April 17th... I check the usb cord for cracks. Thats not the issue. So I then checked the charger port. That is also intact. So I disconnected the usb cord from the charger itself and noticed the inside is bent. Now I notified the seller tonight. In the event that he does not do anything to rectify the problem, what are my options? I don't want to return the phone bc I already got it connected and dont feel the need to. I also purchased the warranty. I called them and they said that accessories are not covered. So what are my other options? Please let me know. By the way, it did not come from customs but right here in the US!

Thank you 

saga_s

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

seller is responsible for delivering the item in condition as described,if it is damaged by carrier or customer ,seller will refund buyer or replace the item and then seek compensation from the carrier or private insurer.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if the iphone is fine but the accessories give you problem,conatct the seller and ask him to fix the problem,either partial refund or replacement.

if he does not respond,you can file dispute of item not as described,but then you may have to return the phone and trimmings/

if this is ebay transaction and 30 days havenot past,file with Ebay first and seller would have to  pay for return shipping.

Login to Me Too

bronsonj_0
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much!  I wasn't sure which way to proceed in this.  But the item is definitely damaged and does not match the one I already have.  Should I take pics just to be safe? Thx

@sumiko wrote:

seller is responsible for delivering the item in condition as described,if it is damaged by carrier or customer ,seller will refund buyer or replace the item and then seek compensation from the carrier or private insurer.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@bronsonj_0 wrote:

Thank you very much!  I wasn't sure which way to proceed in this.  But the item is definitely damaged and does not match the one I already have.  Should I take pics just to be safe? Thx

@sumiko wrote:

seller is responsible for delivering the item in condition as described,if it is damaged by carrier or customer ,seller will refund buyer or replace the item and then seek compensation from the carrier or private insureno r.

no need to take pictures.robot does not read book or watch movies,you will be asked to return the item,upload tracking and then case will close in your favor and you get your money back.

Login to Me Too

bronsonj_0
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, seen that!  While I was away, trying to be nice to see if I can get the stone replaced, she went ahead and filed a complaint on me via ebay!   I had returned the item since they cannot touch pandora jewelry.  So I had all of my tracking for the bad sellers who sold me junk for over 5k.  Called ebay, got my money back on al. but 2 which they need the full 6 business days to return the money to me on their own or ebay will.  They just wanted tracking like you said!

Thanks so much for your help!  Great commnunity here.  And now I know how to handle the fraudsters!

Login to Me Too

bronsonj_0
Contributor
Contributor

If I may, I want to say thank you also!  I had a damaged item from customs also.  I paid 950.0 for it and the seller refused to refund my money after I sent it back.  I had to get ebay invoved and everything went smoothly after that.  I know as a seller now, that it's my responsiblity to refund the money and move on. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.