Questions About PayPal Account Type & eBay

JalapenoYumYum
New Community Member

Hey guys, I'm completely brand new to PayPal and selling on eBay. In fact, I haven't even fully set up my seller account on eBay yet. I just had a couple questions on certain things that I'm not completely clear on.

I currently have just a regular personal PayPal account. I've made purchases with this account and everything works fine. But in order to accept payment from buyers on eBay, will I need to have a different type of PayPal account, such as a business one, or is having a personal PayPal account just fine for that?

Does having a business account cost money? I know that the tranactions themselves, for selling goods and services, cost a fee, but as far as just setting up and having a PayPal business account, does that cost anything -- such as a set up fee or an annual fee?

Any help with these would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in adavance.

Best,

-Michael

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JalapenoYumYum

Firstly there are no more personal account as paypal have phased them out, even if you see and sign up to a personal account it is now a premier account and yes you can sell on it.

You only need a business account if you are a business or company, if you are just selling odds and ends from around the house then a personal / premier account is fine.

The link below may help but when they say personal they actually now mean personal / premier as the traditional personal no longer exists.

www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/does-paypal-offer-different-types-of-accounts-faq2347/1

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If you keep selling and selling,Paypal could ask you to upgrade your account to business.

Fee is the same,30 cents plus 2.9% for domestic and 3.9% for overseas transactions,but there is an advantage of having a business account.

You can apply for a Paypal business debit card,with that card,you can go to bank ATM and withdraw cash from your PAYPAL account backed by your bank fund,limits apply/

Or if you go shopping with that card as a credit card in store,Paypal will give you 1% cash rebate.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.