Question about an ebay purchase

TotallyHolyMoly
Contributor
Contributor

I made a purchase on ebay & have not heard from the seller about a shipping date or ANYTHING yet. I sent her messages through both ebay and to her email acct as to the status of my purchase and her intentions. Still no answer or even a confirmation that she is aware of the completed transaction. Has my PayPal payment already been deposited to the sellers account or does PayPal wait until the item has been shipped and/or delivered?   I need to know how long to wait before canceling/disputing my ebay purchase and trying to get a refund for my PayPal money?  I do not want to keep waiting until it is too late to do so. Thanks to anyone who can actually answer these questions for me.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you have 30 days to file item not received with Ebay,AFTER THAT ,you have to file with Paypal or your cc issuer (180 days)

Some Ebay sellers have full time job and sell as a hobbyist,but all sellers should reply to emails and ship promptly.

Your payment is in the seller paypal account now,if he is a new seller or old seller coming back or selling outside his price range ,his payment could be withheld by Ebay/Paypal until he has shipped and uploaded tracking showing it has been delivered up to 21 days.

did you check his feedback,is he still selling now?

one reason some seller avoid his buyer is that he does not have the goods on hand,he is relying on someone to ship for him,it is called dropshipping,and the dropshipper could be in a different country like China !

on the listing,you should be able to see where he is located and where the good is located.

sometimes they will lie.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you can also use Ebay contact and get his phone number and call him.

Login to Me Too

TotallyHolyMoly
Contributor
Contributor

Sumiko....Thank you for your reply! I have never had any problem with buying things on ebay before. I always received an immediate email from ebay cofirming that I won a bid or made a purchase. Then I would use PayPal to complete my transaction and received an email from them, as well.  I have ALWAYS received a response from the seller pretty quickly after that stating that they had been notified of the purchase and would send details when shipped.  Ebay always had tracking information posted and I could track the delivery.  With this purchase I have had NO contact at all from the seller.  I sent a message when I made my PayPal purchase with no response.  I waited and still no response.  So I sent a message via ebay as well as to her private email account asking for some type of confirmation and plans for shipment.  I still have not been contacted.  I read a lot of messages on this community help site and it seems a lot of the sellers are having a hard time getting their money form PayPal.  A lot have said their funds were being held until their was confirmation of shipping and delivery.  I was hoping that would be the case for my purchase and I could cancel my transaction if the seller had not already gained access to my money in PayPal.  I would love to have contact with the seller to know what is going on so I could know if she is ever planning to try to ship my order or if it is not available and needs to cancel.  She lives in New York and so the shipping time should not be too great. She has had all positive feedback except for one in the last 12 months and that said she caneled order/shipment while it was in transit.  The buyer was upset.  My purchase was a Nutrisytem kit which was intended as a gift for someone.  She sold another one on the same day I purchased mine to another buyer.  But I cant contact that buyer to she if they got theirs or not.  I  assume I will have to contact ebay/PayPal next week and get a dispute/refund started if I do not hear back from her by then. Thanks you so much for your information!  I appreciate it!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.