Paypal on eBay no longer working

fwbennett
Contributor
Contributor

I've purchased ebay items with paypal for years. Recently the process has stopped working. I try to check out, the pay pal window pops up, I choose the top of the 3 options - simply 'PayPal' the sign in pops up, I enter my user ID & Password , the rectangle goes blank and I get a spinning icon in the center of the rectangle, then it refreshes and the spinning icon moves to the top of the rectangle and it eventually times out. Transaction does not complete. I've tried this on several computers (it does work on my cell phone) I've tried FireFox & Chrome. Typically this happen when my Adobe Flash is out of date - I've updated to the latest flash. Logged out & back in on eBay & paypal. Tried everything I can think of. I am able to choose the Credit Card option and it does execute via PayPal.

Frustrating

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kozaki
New Community Member

I am having exactly the same issue.  It only began today. 

Oddly, I can pay via my phone (Android), with no issues, but no luck on the desktop (Windows 7). 

I've tried all the usual things, changing browser, clearing the cache, etc., all to no avail.

If you do a brief search, you'll find that this problem goes back for years, yet there is never any resolution indicated.

Gigantic pain in the butt.

Login to Me Too

fwbennett
Contributor
Contributor

Hopefully this applys to you or points you in the right direction: I'm using  Firefox and had an add-on named 'Honey' it's supposed to have coupon codes and when you go to a merchant's site - it would attempt to apply what ever coupon codes it has to that purchase (can't say I recall a successful coupon being applied) as soon as I uninstalled 'Honey' it started working again. I also use eBates (https://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid=HUIgb1IHD5kzMpdtGFhxxw%3D%3D&eeid=29041) which DOES work at accumulating savings off of purchases and then send you a check. Not sure if there may have been a conflict or if it was all Honey's fault - so you may want to try and eliminate any addons.

I'm happy again! - Best of luck!

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if you buy on Ebay often,why dont you link your paypal account with your ebay account so you dont have to sign in every time on Paypal.

set this up in MY Ebay

Login to Me Too

fwbennett
Contributor
Contributor

When I looked - it was already linked, I tried unlinking - same result - re-linked - same result.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.