Payment sent to old PayPal account

Phishfan929
Contributor
Contributor
I listed several items on eBay last week for the first time in a while. When the first item sold I was notified of the sale and that I had been paid. When I checked my PayPal account, however, there was no activity. That's when I noticed that all the auctions had an old PayPal account attached to them. It's my current email, but have no way to access account since resetting the password option was not possible after multiple calls to PayPal customer service. I was able to get them to cancel out the account, but still cannot link the email to my current account as it shows it's in use. I revised the remaining auctions where possible, but was unable to change any that had bids on them. Now that those auctions ended the payments are floating in cyberspace and buyers are suspicious about sending payment again. Any ideas?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if you cant access your old account ,and you do not want to ship ,then cancell all the orders on Ebay,the payment will go back to the buyer paypal account.

then you can either send them a separate paypal invoice from your new paypal account .

but this will **bleep** Ebay off as it is not getting any fee and it smacks of ebay fee avoidance.

so then,you should consider relisting with buy it now and ask the buyer to buy again.

as for those auctions which have not ended and with bids,can you change the Paypal email address,if not ,then let it run its course and then cancel and relist.

if you cancel now with bids,Ebay wil charge you FVF whether you ship or not

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.