PayPal making me PAY to return counterfeit goods to scammer???

omusmanno
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a moncler on ebay and when I recieved it it was obviously fake. I opened a dispute on ebay, but the seller would NOT respond to it, only message me directly. They even admitted that it was fake. Called ebay and they said I had to wait a week for them to get involved. I called a week later and they said only PAYPAL could handle it because I made a dispute there too. Now paypal is making me PAY return shipping on the item that is an obvious fake in order to get my refund. Number 1, trafficking of counterfeit goods is illegal and I won't do it. Number two, this person knowingly and happily scammed me and I'm supposed to trust them to accept my package and say that everything is in the same condition in order to get my refund? This is not ok. I am so angry and don't know what to do. The seller never denied it was fake in our messages through paypal, and just said "return it to me and you will get refund". I think thats a pretty clear admission of guilt.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you should not open dispute on both Ebay and Paypal,one at a time .

ebay will make seller pay for return,by charging the seller Ebay account the postage you used.but not Paypal.

Paypal has nothing to do with you buying from individuals,so if you want a refund,return the item .

Paypal is a payment processor,it can reverse the charge if you win,but it has no right t o take more than you paid from the seller,even a court cannot,if you win in court ,you have to find a way to collect .

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.