PayPal/eBay double charging refunds

Jcobb014
New Community Member
I've been dealing with this nightmare for months. I sold a Google home device on eBay and the customer never received the item. I've yet to receive it back myself. However the real issue is PayPal withheld my original payment and used the amount on my PayPal account to refund the customer. That's great, except that they then took an additional $93 directly from my personal checking account and despite statements from my bank and PayPal proving the double charge was made to me they still refuse to credit me back what they stole. No legal protection program can allow for them to do this, and they've used the "buyer protection program" as an excuse to double charge me and not deal with it. Disputes have been made both via PayPal and my bank. I have statements proving without a doubt I was double charged, and also as a result incurred multiple overdraft fees from this. Yet they can't tell me why the customer payed $93 for a Google home and was refunded $186 taken from my account. My bank isn't supporting my claim and they can't explain why either. At this point I'm ready to get a lawyer based on principle alone. Is there any way I can just slam them with these statements so they do whats right and give back what they stole?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

ukusa
Contributor
Contributor

I am having a similar issue.  I purchased a coat for $149 on eBay and paid with PayPal credit which is my preffered method of payment only to discover three mins later that PayPal took the payment from my bank account instead.  I immediately cancelled the payment, and received a message from Paypal that my cancellation was sucessful.  However, five days later I see the tranasction on my bank statement, and so disputed the charge which they are looking into.  I have emailed PayPal but so far havent heard a thing regarding the problem.  I am currently out a coat, and $149.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.