PayPal and seller completely **bleep** me over

Speedpiano
New Community Member

Hello everyone,

I recently ordered some HDMI cables for a total of 116 CAD (Link to ebay), and that shipping was stopped by border control and I had to pay a huge extra fine (relative to the price of those cables). So I asked DHL to return them, which they did.

They actually came to my door, but I told them I called DHL already and they took it with them again.

Here is the tracking of that package (please note point 17 and 20, which show I declined the package): Link to DHL tracking

DHL also gave me the tracking of the new shipping back to where it came from: Link to DHL tracking. I also got the waybill of that shiping: Link to Imgur page with image

So I first contacted the seller with this information, they wanted me to keep the package (?!) and they would pay the money back (after quite a few messages). Well, I already told them that I had already returned the package. And besides, why would they want me to keep it so badly?

Well, of course I didn't get any money back. So I opened a paypal dispute (pretty certain I was gonna get the money back, because of that  so called "Purchase" protection). Well, after giving them all the information I could they (after a month of waiting) closed it, in favor of the seller. So I called them, and the Dutch PayPal told me they would look at it again. Now it's closed again, still in favor of the seller.

So I have no idea what to do now. I'm pretty angry with PayPal for **bleep** me over like this, and not telling me the reason for this decision. This is all the evidence I am able to provide, but it should be more than enough since I never even had the package in my hands.

I also did some digging about the address where the package was sent to. That was 101 Alps Avenue, in Singapore. On that location a company called Agi Freight Singapore is situated. Which is a shipping company, the weird thing is, the shop where I bought the package is located in Shenzen, China.

So the only thing I can think of is that the package has been sent to that address, and it never arrived in Shenzen. But that is something me and DHL can't do anything about, they just delivered the package to the address that was given to them. 

So again, I have no idea what to do now. I already gave this information to PayPal, and I would have hoped that they just would be able to resolve this, becuase I thought it was protected by them, but nope, they just **bleep** me over big time. 

Thanks for listening, any of you guys any idea about what to do?

Thanks in advance...

(I'm Dutch so please don't expect perfect English)

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

ArgenisGonzalez
Contributor
Contributor

this really sucks the situation your in. i can only recommend to keep calling in to PayPal Support until you get someone that knows what their doing & can help you appeal this case & overturn it in your decision. good luck buddy!

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

refusal to accept the package due to customs duty could void your buyer protection.

seller has done nothing wrong,what they should have done is collect the customs duty in advance from you,failing that,they risk buyer like you who refused to pay customs duty since it is no longer a bargain.

you also cost the seller to pickup return shipping,DHL is not cheap.

so instead of making money,they lost money.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

your seller claimed to be in China and the object is located in Shenzen,China.

shenzen,China is a free trade zone where many export oriented busineses are based.your seller may be using  a dropshipper in Singapore.

so this is an Ebay transaction,Ebay does not tolerate behavior such as refusal to pay customs duty,you void your buyer protection.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

your waybill shows it has been delivered,thats what Paypal robot sees.

what happens afterward is between you and your seller,like if I buy something from you,.it was delivered to me,then I changed my mind and return it to you,it becomes a separate transaction.. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.