PayPal Returned Money. Buyer Failed to Return Goods. 2018.

DoggyMc
Contributor
Contributor

for PayPal reference:  dispute relates to user:  <removed> .  Actual account has  one more letter and two numerals (in place of asterisk).

A fairly young relative of mine sold a jewelry item for $1,855 to a woman in Seattle.  Sale was subject to her satisfaction.  She claims she had it authenticated and it was a "counterfeit".  She claims that she was required by law to destroy the item.  She further claims in writing that PayPal's dispute process is legally binding.

PayPal:  get with it please!   First of all, an item is only counterfeit if there is an intention to deceive.   The transaction was subject to cancellation based simply upon "lack of satisfaction" and thus there was no intention to deceive.  In the unlikely event the item was a Replica...it needed to be returned to the seller and it was not.  Everyone knows the claim "I was forced to destroy it" is generally bogus but for some reason PayPal accepted that aspect without question during dispute.   

That is what the seller was disputing....why the buyer got her money back even though she cannot return the goods.  Why not just tell folks..."you folks might have to SUE.... you might even need to sue PayPal due to their obvious negligence in subject case.    Police reports will soon be filed, buyer received notice.  At some point PayPal may be pulled into this as they refunded money and accepted an obviously bogus buyer's story .

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.