PayPal Credit application with making offer

mjmdgQ
Contributor
Contributor

I am looking in to making a large purchase on eBay and was hoping to utilize Paypal Credit as it would be much more doable than paying in full the amount. I have a couple concerns about applying though that I would like clarification on before proceeding.

I am looking to Make an Offer on an eBay listing below their Buy Now price. There are 2 different scenarios that I foresee that I want to know how best they would be handled.

• First Scenario: I make an offer on the listing and apply for PayPal Credit to pay for it. If the offer is accepted but the Credit application is denied, I would then be left paying it in full or failing to pay. Which this would look quite bad on me as a buyer.
  • Second Scenario: I make an offer on the listing and apply for Paypal Credit. If the offer is rejected  but the Credit application is approved, I would be left with a line of credit that has lowered my credit score simply by being applied for with no results for me.

I am looking for the best path forward. If I simply make an offer and wait for it to be accepted before applying would it be processed quickly enough in the first place? Is there a way to guarantee I'd be approved by PayPal before I make my offer; like some sort of pre-check to get a thumbs up that I would be approved for X amount?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.