Paid for item. Seller wont ship till funds are available

QMakaveli
Contributor
Contributor

I paid for an item but the seller is saying he isn't shipping until the funds are available. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that how all ebay transactions are?? Don't sellers usually ship upon paid confirmation?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@QMakaveli

He's probably a new seller and subject to the new seller hold.

The idea of that is that the sooner he sends your item (preferably trackable) the sooner his funds are released.

If he is not going to ship then personally i would file a dispute for non receipt of item > get your money back and buy elsewhere.

If he gets a few disputes as a new seller odds are he won't need to worry about the new seller hold as he won't be allowed to sell.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@QMakaveli

He's probably a new seller and subject to the new seller hold.

The idea of that is that the sooner he sends your item (preferably trackable) the sooner his funds are released.

If he is not going to ship then personally i would file a dispute for non receipt of item > get your money back and buy elsewhere.

If he gets a few disputes as a new seller odds are he won't need to worry about the new seller hold as he won't be allowed to sell.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

QMakaveli
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah that's what I explained to him. He shipped it after I broke it down for him. Thank you

Login to Me Too

ArgenisGonzalez
Contributor
Contributor

haha glad you got this issue resolved. yea it would hav definitely affected his defect rate & lead to restrictions. Hope you enjoy your item buddy! 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.