PAYPAL sends link to claim money sent by EBAY buyer.

yfrank14
Contributor
Contributor

says the adress it was sent to is not regstered with my account. i add the adress to my account. money is not in my account. EBAY says i am waiting for payment, but they show how much he paid, including shipping and i can print the shipping label.

i emailed buyer, he says he paid the usual way, by clicking the EBAY link.

any suggestions as to where my money is?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Linc1957
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@yfrank14  If you only accept PayPal and log in you should have the payment from the Buyer showing in your account.  If it not there, the messages may be spoofs trying to get you to ship something to someone FREE of charge. 

Login to Me Too

yfrank14
Contributor
Contributor

money is not in PAYPAL account.

EBAY now shows "awaiting payment for one transaction". and in the SOLD secton, his payment is listed as pendng, beng processed by PAYPAL.

just sold two more items, to dfferent buyers , and both of them worked the normal way. EBAY says paid and the money is in my PAYPAL account.

a scam is always possble, but for this scam to work, they would have to fool EBAY, PAYPAL and me. that is a lot of work for a 65.00 item.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@yfrank14 wrote:

money is not in PAYPAL account.

EBAY now shows "awaiting payment for one transaction". and in the SOLD secton, his payment is listed as pendng, beng processed by PAYPAL.

just sold two more items, to dfferent buyers , and both of them worked the normal way. EBAY says paid and the money is in my PAYPAL account.

a scam is always possble, but for this scam to work, they would have to fool EBAY, PAYPAL and me. that is a lot of work for a 65.00 item.

all they have to do  is to FOOL YOU.

They can mark 'paid' on Ebay,they can send fake Paypal emails, 

Login to Me Too

yfrank14
Contributor
Contributor

"all they have to do  is to FOOL YOU.

They can mark 'paid' on Ebay,they can send fake Paypal emails, "

i understand, but, i am not aware of anyway they can get EBAY to mark it as "awaitng payment", have EBAY show me how much they paid and have EBAY put "  PAYPAL, is processng payment" in place of the PAID icon.

tomorrow,  i can report a problem to EBAY.  i guess i will just report the buyer and let EBAY figure out if it is fraud or not.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.