My Payment Pending

Kissmekate
Contributor
Contributor

I bought an eBay item, paid for it and PayPal is holding my payment for some unknown reason saying "Payment Pending" (because of Government Regulations.)  I have a balance in my PayPal account and have had no problems and done nothing wrong.  This is very frustrating and annoying.  Can anyone shed any light on this so I can avoid it in the future?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if you tell us what country did you register you acount adn where are you now,we cannot read your mind

Login to Me Too

Kissmekate
Contributor
Contributor

That's rather rude, I'm a registered USA registered user, but why should my country matter?  I wish you COULD read my mind.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal is country specific,where you registered your Paypal account,where you are residing,what cc.debit card you are using,what bank you are linking ,and if you are travelling to another country and logging in from that country.

some countries have foreign exchange control,some have anti money laundering and ant terrorism rules and regulations,some just have to do with PAYPAL.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

call Paypal and ask.we cannot read your profile or your activities or your mind. 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Payment Pending" (because of Government Regulations.)

---------------

where is the seller?

Login to Me Too

Kissmekate
Contributor
Contributor

Seller is in USA.  PayPal lifted the "pending", so all's well.  No reason why they should hold my money when I have a balance larger than what I'm paying and have bank account and credit card backup.  It's a horrible practice.  I wish there were other ways of paying for items I buy on eBay.  When one becomes available, I'll be the first to switch.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.