Item sold on eBay, but says awaiting payment...

Teho1
Contributor
Contributor
So recently I started selling stuff on eBay, and 3 days ago I sold a pair of shoes for $40+$10 shipping. I got the eBay notification saying the item was sold but when I checked it, it says "awaiting payment". I went over to PayPal, and I see the $50 transaction, but it's not under my "pending payments". I'm confused as to when I'm supposed to ship my item as PayPal says "wait until payment is cleared to ship" but my buyer keeps asking me to ship because it's her sons birthday present. Does it usually take more than 3 days, and also to note I'm unable to print a shipping label is that because the funds have not yet cleared? Thanks to anyone who can help a new seller like me.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

TimePerfected
Contributor
Contributor

DO NOT ship unless payment clears! Doesn't matter if it's the buyer's birthday (and you have no way of veryfying that anyhow). It's a common scammer trick to get you to ship as fast as you can while the buyer tries to refund the payment.

If it's the buyer's son's birthday, then he should have planned early on, that's his fault for taking so long. Don't make that your problem and jeopardize your self into losing funds becuase you shipped the item without payment clearing and then the buyer files for a return of their funds.

Wait till payment clears prior to shipping! 

Good Luck! Smiley Very Happy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.