Is "Paypal seller protection" a joke?

kelejichi
New Community Member

I sold my item through ebay on April 21, 2016. The item's shipping was bought using Paypal, USPS priority mail. Based on the tracking history, the item was delivered. After about 1 month, I received an email through Paypal saying my money of ~$400 was holding because the buyer filed a claim through his bank that he didn't authorize the charge. Paypal assured me not to worry too much. I have the delivery proof. It should be fine. After about 2 weeks, I received an email through Paypal saying the chargeback was complete. The buyer's bank decided to favor the buyer. I have called Paypal for three times now and talked to their supervisor. One of the claim department person said that he would take care of the case. But till now, I haven't got any payment back. 

I really want to ask Paypal, is the seller protection really a joke?  I am sure a lot of sellers have seen similar situations. Can anyone tell me, how can I get my money or my product back?  Do I need to get a lawyer?  Thanks.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kelejichi

Tracking is just one of the criteria to meet for seller protection.

Your best bet is to go and click on ''legal'' bottom of paypals pages > user agreement > seller protection.

If you think you met all their requirements then personally I would put it all down clearly and concisely and  >>

send it to Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter.

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Then give them a couple of days to access it and  then follow it up with a phone call.

If still not satisfied then log a complaint.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

is the item eligible for seller protection?

did you ship to the address provided on paypal email notification?

if both Yes,then you should be protected for unauthorised transaction,APPEAL.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.