International Shipping

vtpowdersnob
New Community Member

If I have the Global Shipping Option available but my item shows the following, will the extra international shipping cost automatically get added to the buyer's Paypal Payment or do I need to do something separate to add in the extra shipping cost?

Shipping: $7.20 Expedited Shipping | See details

Item location:
Mattapoisett, Massachusetts, United States

Ships to:
United States and many other countries | See details

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if you are using GSP,when a foreign buyer from your approved country list bought the item,he will be billed for the item and domestic shipping from you,then he will aslo get another bill from GSP,which included the postage from Erlanger ,Kentucy to his address,plus handling fee and his country custom duty and whatever fee  required.

I dont use GSP,someone else may come along and enlighten you or you can go to Ebay seller forum and ask for more details.

The pros of using GSPis that you are protected for INR as long as you ship with tracking to Kentucky and it has been delivered,if 750 or more,signed for.

You also benfit for the fact his country customs duty ,tarriff etc is all prepaid,so there is no excuse of buyer refusing the  package due to customs fee.

the cons are that buyer maybe shocked to find out how high the GSP bill is and want to back out,or some buyers skipp seller offering GSP.

see,if you ship all the way to  his country,he may get lucky and not have to pay customs duty?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.