I need to Dispute a Transaction, but user is no longer registered on eBay

sethfp
New Community Member
I can't Dispute a Transaction with PayPal or eBay if the user is no longer registered on eBay

I bought an item from this guy on Ebay. The next day Ebay had removed the listing,  and the user was no longer registered on eBay. The same day I ordered it, it was listed as shipped, but there was no tracking number. Three weeks later the item has still not arrived.

This is what it says on Ebay:

( 252845412584 )

Estimated delivery Wed, Apr 12

We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Center to help resolve any problems you may encounter.

This user is no longer registered on eBay.

This item has been shipped.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if you do not receive your item(if shipped domestic,give it 5-7 days),then find the paypal transaction and file a dispute-item not received.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

the Ebay listing may be gone,but the payment should be in your Paypal activities history,so find it and open a dispute.

Login to Me Too

ArgenisGonzalez
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Sethfp,

Please follow the instructions that was mentioned in the email. IF your item was not recieved then, go to the Resolution Center OR call the Resolution Department & file an 'item not received' claim so you can get your money back. I know members here in the community tell you just go to PayPal for everything but, please always refer to solving any eBay inquiries through eBay first as PayPal also encourages members to solve any eBay issues through eBay first. Keep in mind that even though the member is no longer a valid member on eBay, that does not mean that he is no longer apart of PayPal. So in this situation, IF you bring this issue to eBay first which i strongly recommend then, that is an automatic refund where if you go straight to dispute on PayPal, that person can be active throughout the dispute process & it can go in either your favor or the sellers favor whoever PayPal chooses but, in this situation it usually would be in yours but you never know, PayPal's system is just all messed up. Also, IF you dispute on PayPal first & you loose the dispute then, you wont have another chance to dispute where IF you dispute through eBay first & you lose the dispute then, you will have another chance through PayPal but, in this situation eBay will automatically refund you without a dispute process but, i recommend you call in to the resolution departemt so they can do it right then & there. Hope i helped clarify things up for you & have a good one! ~AG.

Login to Me Too

Linc1957
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@sethfp Follow the link in the email ... your Buyer Protection should kick in and you should be able to get your $$ back.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.