How to make safe transaction

derek5
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I was going to sell my gitar , I got massage from Sweden , someone is intresting to get it . I advertised my offer on the local side . The buyer send me message like this :

I'm satisfied with the condition. I won't be able to come and view it myself because I am currently away for work but if you can guarantee that it is in a good condition, I will meet up with your last price. I know there are other buyers patronizing you already. This is more reason why I would like to get this as soon as possible. I will pay you through PayPal as it is the fastest & easiest way for me to make payment at this moment, do not worry about PayPal charges, I will take care of that and about the transportation, I will arrange for a transport agent to come to your home directly for the pickup and transport it to my home in Sweden after I have made all the necessary payment and you have confirmed this on your account. So if you accept this transaction, you should send me your info requested below if you already have an account with PayPal

I know there is many of Nigeria Scammers all around . I ma wonder how to make safe transaction and what you thing about this message what I got it from him . 

thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

This has all the signs of a scam,sending someone to pick up the guitar,asking foryour email address.

soon you will get a fake paypal email saying he has already deposit the money in your account,all you need ist o confirm it bla bla bla

Login to Me Too

derek5
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks .

I am just wonder how is it possible to get fake paypal email . I always look at the top of browser . When I see green paypal with lock that mean that page is safe ( SSL certificate )  How is gonna look fake paypal ?

Any way I goinng to avoid this suspicious transaction .

Ok so maybe someone advise me how to make safe transaction . Let says someone would like to buy something from me and it is not througt ebay . I know that the best way would be to see face to face , but sometimes it is not possible . How to make transaction safe for me and for buyer ?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you send them a Paypal invoice from your PAYPAL account.

He paid and you print shipping label on Paypal and ship.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.