How do I find out results of investigation in unauthorized transaction?

cottagenana
New Community Member

I was notified by PayPal that a buyer had disputed a transaction and they were putting a hold on the funds while they investigated. I provided copy of order and mailing information. Today I got an email saying PayPal had closed the case and my funds were no longer on hold. When I checked my account, I found they had refunded the buyer. So now the buyer has the merchandise plus a full refund and I can't get to anyone at PayPal to explain what happened. Any I did get in touch with eBay but they said it was a PayPal action so they couldn't help. It's not much money at all but I would like to know what they found. Help!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Linc1957
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@cottagenana  Apparently the Buyer processed their claim through PayPal and not eBay ... did you check the claim in PayPal's Resolution Center? 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Linc1957 wrote:

@cottagenana  Apparently the Buyer processed their claim through PayPal and not eBay ... did you check the claim in PayPal's Resolution Center? 

depends on what kind of case is open,she could  qualified for Ebay seller protection.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Buyer opens a case on Paypal ,what is the reason for opening a case?

item not received,item not as described or unauthorised transaction.

so you submit mailing information,is there an online viewable tracking number showing it has been delivered?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.