Help with eBay Payment

Riceghost
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I've got a buyer who is having problems with paying for the listing I made and I was wondering what could be wrong? I have PayPal linked to eBay, they are attempting to pay with Credit Card which I okay'd on the listing where I selected all but Pay at Pickup. They tried contacting eBay support where we were simply redirected to PayPal. So we're here now and wondering if there is anything we're missing here? Thank you for any help!

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Riceghost

Are they trying to pay with JUST a credit card OR paying via paypal FUNDED by their credit card.

Because unless you are a seller that has an account that can accept credit cards direct then you can only accept them via a buyers paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Riceghost
Contributor
Contributor

They are paying with just their card to my PayPal

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Riceghost

You need to have both a merchant account with your bank and set up a virtual terminal solution in order to accept credit card payments direct.

If you haven't then you should not tick the credit card option.

But if the buyer pays via their paypal account they can ''fund'' the paypal payment with a card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

clonestar
Contributor
Contributor

I have had a Paypal account linked to my bank account and credit card for some years now and until 3/17/17, it never failed to work with eBay in paying for a purchase.  Since 17MAR2017, I can no longer pay for eBay purchases via Paypal.  I can still pay for online purchases from both WalMart and Autozone with my Paypal account, but attempts to make payment, via Paypal, for eBay purchases no longer functions.  The payment screen will accept my username name and password, but it never completes the transaction with Paypal and never allows me to click on the "Confirm and Pay" button on the underlying eBay checkout window.  I've made dozens of attempts and have allowed the Paypal connection/confirmation process to continue for nearly an hour, but it never completes.  No error message is ever displayed.  For those sellers who only accept Paypal payment, I can no longer purchase from them.  eBay response?  Contact Paypal.  Paypal's response?  Contact eBay.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

clonestar-

has anything changed lately?

is your paypal account still linked to your Ebay account?

haveyou tried launching a different browser and see if it works? 

Login to Me Too

clonestar
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, Paypal reports that my Paypal account is still linked to my bank account, with a backup link to my credit card.  Keep in mind that, as of this moment and as I mentioned before, Paypal still functions flawlessly in making payments for online purchases from both WalMart and Autozone.  As of the writing of this message, it does *not* function in making payments for purchases made on eBay.  In addition to Firefox, I have tried both IE and Opera, with the same failed result via all three browsers.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@clonestar wrote:

Yes, Paypal reports that my Paypal account is still linked to my bank account, with a backup link to my credit card.  Keep in mind that, as of this moment and as I mentioned before, Paypal still functions flawlessly in making payments for online purchases from both WalMart and Autozone.  As of the writing of this message, it does *not* function in making payments for purchases made on eBay.  In addition to Firefox, I have tried both IE and Opera, with the same failed result via all three browsers.

thats odd,I made several payments on Ebay using Paypal last night and there is no problem.

wonder if the link between your ebay and paypal is still working,could you try removing the link and then relink?

since it is not working now,you have nothing to lose by trying

Login to Me Too

clonestar
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your input.  I will give it a try. 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Riceghost wrote:

They are paying with just their card to my PayPal

if they do not have a paypal account and just wish to use their cc to pay you,they are checkout as a guest.

it would be more direct if you send them a paypal invoice and see if the can pay as a guest.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.