Getting ready to do my taxes. How do I print out 2016 sales and expenses for Ebay?

diddlydoo
Contributor
Contributor

Do I have to print out all 12 statements and add all shipping to get the total myself? I don't see it totaled up each month. Do I do the same for Ebay sales and Ebay fees, etc.?

What's the best way to get these totals? I forgot how I did it last year. I didn't do enough sales to get that tax statement but still sold quite a bit. Thanks.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

your ebay fees would  come out of your Ebay account month by month.

Your pay pal fee can be found in the Paypal annual summary,so will be the total payments you have collected less returns,chargebacks etc.

as for how much you spent on shipping,if  you print shipping label on Ebay and paid with your PAYPAL account,it should be in your Paypal activities history,how do you search and extrac shipping is up to you t o figure out.

I keep a sales log and record actual shipping for every order I receive,I dont need Ebay or Paypal to tell me. 

Login to Me Too

diddlydoo
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, I printed out all my Ebay invoices which do show montly Ebay Fees. I was talking about Paypal fees and shipping costs for all items sold on Ebay and all Ebay sales.

Guess I'll have to print out Ebay invoices and reference Paypal fees and shipping cost item by item per month. I don't remember doing it that way last year so thought I'd ask before doing that.

Good to know that's my only way to get totals so I'll stop looking around for a better way.

I do a sales log too, but I'm sure it isn't as detailed as you have yours. Smiley Wink

Thanks for the quick response.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PAYPAL annual summary is one page report,it shows how much you have collected under goods and services,how much is return/refund/chargeback,and how much PAYPAL fee ,you can get a copy in your Paypal account.

for shipping fee,you hhave to get th range of dates in paypal activity history and see if you can search by some parameters which indicate shipping.

note the shipping transaction carries an Ebay address,this could be your search key,I dont know,some said it works    

Login to Me Too

diddlydoo
Contributor
Contributor

Perfect. That is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much! I knew I didn't remember going line by line and month by month. Again, thanks!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.