Getting money from ebay

Dustym
New Community Member
I sold a car on ebay. Guy paid the $500 right away. It went into PayPal and I transferred it into my bank. The guy then paid the rest $2000 on PayPal. It shows up on ebay but not on PayPal (it has been 2 full days) He is coming to pick it up this weekend. How do I know the $ is there? Could he cancel the payment after he gets the car? Thanks, Dusty
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

ArgenisGonzalez
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Dustym,

This has to do with a transaction which is account related so you will need to call in PayPal Support as they will pull up the transaction & get it for you if possible. All eBay can do is initiate the payment but PayPal is your payment PROCESSOR. Best of luck to you buddy & i hope you get your money. Have a good one! ~AG.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

what do you mean it shows up on Ebay,Ebay is not a payment processor,it does not handle other people money .

if you dont see it in your paypal account,held or available,and you receive no paypal notifcation email that you get cash,then he did not make payment.

THERE IS NO SELLER PROTECTION ON AUTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He will come and pick up the car,then file item not received for his $500,how do you plan to prove you have shipped the item?

When will everyone wake up and read Paypal seller protection?

go to EbaY motors /ebay seller forum and ask your question 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.