Funds Releasing Question.

SaeranChoi225
Contributor
Contributor

I've read on Ebay and in the community that after a buyer on Ebay leaves positive feedback, funds are released 24-48 hours later. Is there any truth to this or no? Thank you!

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SaeranChoi225

Feedback does not count for payment release   >>>

How to Get Your Funds Faster  

What can I do to get my funds more quickly?
The most important thing you can do to help get your funds more quickly is ship the same day your buyer pays and follow good shipping practices. Based on your shipping method and the shipping information you provide, here's when your funds should be available:

• 3 days after we can confirm the order was delivered, if you pay for shipping and print labels on eBay. The eBay label printing service is free, your tracking information uploads automatically, and you'll get funds to help cover shipping.

• 3 days after we can confirm the order was delivered, if you ship directly using USPS, UPS or FedEx and manually enter your tracking information to My eBay.

• 7 days after your latest estimated delivery date if you don't upload tracking information but you mark the item as shipped in My eBay.

• 21 days after the buyer pays, if you don't provide tracking information, mark the item as shipped, or the estimated delivery date can't be calculated.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

vtpcnanda
New Community Member

I sold a guitar body on ebay for $225 to a guy in Texas. The buyer paid up promptly and I shipped the guitar body the next day with a USPS label printed on ebay. The tracking shows that the item was delivered/received. Originally the funds were to be released on the 14th of January on Ebay/Paypal. Now it shows that the funds will be released only on 24th of January. I wrote to the buyer twice to check if he has any issues - he has not responded. Nor has he left any feedback for the transaction. I do not see any indication on either Ebay or Paypal as to why this payment has been held. Another guitar body I sold and shipped same day as the first item - the payment for that has been released.

Any insights on what is happening will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You have no way to tell how your Tx BUYER paid for the guitar body-paypal fund,bank fund or credit card.

There could be delay in collecting money from him,you can call Ebay and ask why?

Login to Me Too

Dylan-Jen

I don't sell tons of stuff on ebay, but recently have sold a few items. What I noticed is Paypal will let you have access fairly quickly to funds if you've sold more than one thing but they like to hold onto at least one of your transactions funds much longer.  For instance a couple weeks ago I sold 3 items in a day. Paypal gave me immediate access to 2 of the transactions funds but hung onto the last one for 10 days...

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Since a buyer can file dispute in 180 days,Paypal may just want to hold on to some fund longer,or Paypal could have a cashflow need ?  

Login to Me Too

honestyisbest
New Community Member

Actually the part where you said funds were released 3 days after confirmed delivery is incorrect and VERY misleading. What actually seems to happen is the funds are released sometime after 3 days as in when paypal feels like it. The information to confirm the delivery can be available and even when it is available, it does not equate to 3 days. My account right now has a transaction that supports this. The buyer paid for the item and it was shipped with ebay printed postage labels straight from the transaction. The item went in the mail next day, postal service attempts delivery on thursday last week but buisness closed so we wait another day and the item is delivered at 2pm on friday. The funds release date on my account says 1/23/17 but the funds are still on hold, more than 3 days after the postal service shows delivery confirmation. Even if the system automatically releases the funds at midnight, it still equates to longer than 3 days. Holding people's money is also NOT a common industry practice. When was the last time you went to ANY retailer and they let you take something home without them recieving their money? When was the last time you ordered something online and the credit card company keep the retailers money on hold until several days after they confirmed that you recieved the item and whether or not the card company released the funds also depended upon the buyer being honest. In reality the holding of account holders money based upon excuses of assuring protection for buyers and sellers is incorrect as their is NO protection for the seller, only an annoyance, and the practice only puts the seller at a much higher risk from a dishonest buyer! It seems to me that this reasoning is only used by ebay and paypal as an excuse to hold peoples money so they have more capital to gain interest off of at any given moment. I put in my time of building my feedback reputation on ebay and went through all of the initial hold the money bologna untill i was established and even after you break the new seller barrier and prove your honesty, ebay and paypal still wants to play the ''goody 2 shoes game" and hold money on certain items or just for any reason they so choose. I have proven my honesty but ebay and paypal have yet to prove theirs to me. Here's the kicker, most sellers on ebay are also buyers on ebay and all these bologna rules and incorrect statements being shoved down sellers throats is what chases off sellers (and buyers).

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@SaeranChoi225 wrote:

I've read on Ebay and in the community that after a buyer on Ebay leaves positive feedback, funds are released 24-48 hours later. Is there any truth to this or no? Thank you!

feed back does not count,tracking dows,but in reality it takes days for Paypal to collect the money/ 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You know what kind of borrower a good lender likes- those who dont need the money!

keep up your good work,ship fast,pack well,item as described and leave the money in the account,no dispute,no chargback,you will have access to your money as soon as it landed in your account.

Trust me ! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.