Fake Item Location - Now I ll have to pay taxes

sunshine2k5
Contributor
Contributor

So i purchased an item last night stating that the item was in UK. Then I got a tracking number and after checking it saw that it is coming from singapore with DHL. The item page right now states that it is located in NL (like if you want to buy it right now) and i have to pay ZERO taxes. (even took a screenshot and archive.is the page so I can prove it)

The thing is the taxes I ll have to pay since it's an out of EU country and the DHL fees that are involved in custom fees are the same as the item's value (about 70 euros). That's the reason I chose this exact seller and paid more than the other ones. I messaged him but he doesn't respond.  

So what can I do now ? Sending the item back will require to pay for it. I certainly don't want to do that.

EDIT: just checked some of the negative reviews, some people had the exact same problem as me with this seller. 

EDIT2: also sorry for posting this in US section, this is whee the default site sent me.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You may have to refuse the package since the seller misrepresent the location of the item.

he could end  up paying DHL for return shipping? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Lisa

Hi sunshine2,

Thank you for contacting us on the Community.

I understand that you are inquiring about custom fees. The Item location you are referring to could be the seller's location. When a product is purchased internationally custom fees could apply. Some sellers use third parties to ship merchandise. While I know that this unexpected expense can be frustrating, the receiving party would be responsible for the assessed fees.

I would recommend leaving feedback for the seller on eBay regarding the listing's item location.

If you have further questions, please let us know.

-Lisa

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Some Chinese sellers selling on EBAY would say they are in USA or item is located in USA and then a US buyer wait and wait and wedding day comes and no wedding gown.

But if your seller is using dropshipper in Singapore ,carrier is DHL Intl,but you paid domestic UK shipping,isnt that a saving for you compared to the other sellers?

there is really not much you can do,if you refuse and file item not received,it would show attempt has been made to deliver.

Either your seller dropshipper has paid customs to DHL or DHL would attempt to collect from  you,you can refuse the shipment as based on the listing,you expect domestic delivery and no customs duty involved.

did you call Ebay and ask?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.