Error Code #10486

chevalier
New Community Member

I would like to know what is going on, I am trying to pay for an item and it comes with the message that they were not able to process my payment. Error Code #10486

I tried to contact paypal but I haven´t received any answer so far, I have bought on Ebay for 2 years and never had any trouble. My creditcard has credit (I have just checked and I am not even close to my limit).

I hope someone could give me an answer, the seller is waiting for his money

Login to Me Too
97 REPLIES 97

olam

This error usually comes out when there is a restriction from your bank or card issuer. Just call your bank or card issuer and find out if there is they a blocking your internet payments for some reason and ask them to unblock your account if everything is ok with your card.  If there is nothing wrong with your card, usually they can unblock your card in about 15 minutes.

Hope this will help.

Login to Me Too

bill4117
Contributor
Contributor

over 5 years on ebay and first time with the 10486. went to the bank and no stop on my account so its definately on the paypal side. fortunately i have an understanding seller. 

Login to Me Too

imericshi
New Community Member

I have same problem! Could someone solve it please???

Login to Me Too

julieemichellee
New Community Member

I had this same problem and really did not want to call my bank.. when I did, they said that it was because my card information entered under my account on PayPal was incorrect. I had no idea how because I thought I had just had my bank account number stored (it had been a while since I set up my account...). I went under my credit card section to edit my information and realized for some reason it had changed to the wrong expiration date and also was still under a previous billing address. I corrected these problems and my payments were able to go right through the next time I tried them.

Moral of the story: go through and double check all of your card and account information 🙂

Login to Me Too

Kanemyr
New Community Member

hello sorry for my English .... we are on July 20 is no solution has been found ... I pay with a prepaid card is I still have enough to pay for my purchase on ebay is everything a 10486 error once I buy these yesterday is always good I try to spend all of the solution changed browser, the cookie clean, reboot, even the most tared solution I will wait some days my hope that the solution will appear by miracle because for everything I try I is not even f****** my foot in the screen is if I miss the solution meets me the link thank you

ps: If message is read by the customer support you will not find too that you can do something!

Login to Me Too

tlbrttmthy
New Community Member

I try to buy something on eBay and it gives me this error.

"Your request could not be processed at this time. We were not able to process your payment. Please contact PayPal customer service for further assistance."

Does it every time I try to buy this computer.

Login to Me Too

tlbrttmthy
New Community Member

Now it says this..

"Unfortunately, the funding source within your PayPal account was declined.
  • To start a new checkout session on eBay, click Continue. You'll be able to change your funding source or add another one within PayPal.
  • Please contact PayPal customer supportfor further assistance.
    Error code: 70236 10486"

I dont think I've reached my credit limit...

Login to Me Too

srogers
Contributor
Contributor

I'm getting the same error. Haven't been able to figure anything out yet.

Login to Me Too

mellyoxox
New Community Member

The same thing has been happening to me and it is really making me angry! I had to message the sellers on ebay and tell them to relist because I cant pay for the items for no apparent reason! My ebay/paypal were working just fine the other day! This just recently started happening and my card is does not expire until 2016 and its a debit card. Its been working perfectly fine till now 😕

Login to Me Too

YAYOOO
New Community Member

im having the same problem and its getting pretty frustrating that paypal isnt letting me complete my purchases. Has anyone found a solution yet?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.