Ebay won't link Paypal account

kevspalmer
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I am trying to link my PayPal account with Ebay. When I click on "Link my Paypal account" button in the Ebay settings it takes me to a login page. So I login to my PayPal account but then it takes me to a PayPal sign up page. When I try to sign up, it tells me my email is already in use. Duh. This account is a Student Account, and was just opened today if that has anything to do with it. Thank you very much for any information you can provide!

Login to Me Too
61 REPLIES 61

atlans89
Contributor
Contributor

Oh dear, and here I thought the issue finally solved. I have been trying to linked for month since I was told "the issue is being fixed" and apparently nothing had changed.

Login to Me Too

zoomin

When I click "Link my Paypal Account" button, it brings me to page for creating new paypal account. Even I have already a paypal account but it still bring me to create new account. I've tried many time, also try to clear the cache memory or using another browser, but still can not link my paypal with my ebay. Please anybody show me how to do it right. Thanks a lot.

Login to Me Too

steve99990_4

To anyone out there who is strugling and trying different things to get your ebay and paypal accounts to link. I had the same problem and was reading this post to get some help for myself, i was using the "link my paypal account button" and it wouldnt work. I kept getting a paypal error message and it was suggested by ebay to try different browsers, clear cache, clear cookies, try different computer etc. I noticed today that this now works and i have linked my accounts. I did contact ebay several times about this issue via the chat system and was eventually told that it would be fixed in 48-72 hours which i thought was a stantard reply when they cant help no more, but it is now working in that time period, so i dont know if they fixed something or not but i had this issue for a long time. So just to say dont waste time trying different things, its not the fault of the pc and it is an ebay issue.

Login to Me Too

Exe2k
Contributor
Contributor

I confirm. I spent like 10 hrs trying to fix it. Nothing solved the problem. So mad about it... And as far as i've read here in the community's forum - it could take pretty dicent time, months maybe... Unbelievable

Login to Me Too

Exe2k
Contributor
Contributor

I DID IT!!!!!

The problem was in my ebay's account details. So here in Russia we have three words in our name like: 1st NAME, SURNAME and 3d NAME(patronymic)... Thus in my registration address I wrote 1st and 3d name in one field. After i delete it and left only 1st and 2nd name and then click "Link my PP account" it worked as it should!!! Fantastic! 

So check your registration info and account detials for inappropriate symbols, wrong constructions (like 2 words in a filed supposed to has only one, my case) etc.

Good Luck!

Login to Me Too

yjanniesong

how do you change your name on your account info?

i only see edit username, but there is no name...

thank you so much

Login to Me Too

Exe2k
Contributor
Contributor

Juse go Profile - Addresses and edit them. This how u could change your name. 

Hope this helps

Login to Me Too

lkuomin
New Community Member

YOU ARE THE BOSS!!!!

I MADE IT TOO!! After months of waiting! The trick is just to edit your name in your ebay settings. 

If your first name consists of 2 words, you need to join them up into 1 word! and VOILA! Thank you once again man!

Login to Me Too

crazydr1972
New Community Member

YOY ARE AWESOME !!!! I've been trying for over 2 days to find a solution, THANK YOU very much !!!!

Login to Me Too

ryanarmorandrag
New Community Member

Ugh. Real Amateur - whoever designed the system.

I have an apostrophe in my last name. It's what **bleep** the whole thing up.

Ebay auto-replaced it with a space. I removed the space, everything went fine. Real POS.

Wish I could bill them for my time.

Ensure that your first and last names match between accounts in Ebay and Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.