Ebay strange email

Vanross
Contributor
Contributor
Just opened new ebay account with one listing. I got the below email and I'm afraid to click anything. Also I don't see a thing showing on paypal itself? Help?? --23 May 2017 07:49:97 BST Transaction ID:083469C79A73C417CF --You sent a payment of 34.44 to eBay.. --Thanks for using Paypal. To see all the transaction details log in to your PayPal account. --It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Linc1957
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Vanross  Good thinking on not opening it.  Jot down the reference numbers, who it is from and call PayPal and ask them about it.  If your paypal account has not transactions it may be a new spoof message designed to go after New Seller accounts with zero to low feedback counts. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

Linc1957
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Vanross  Good thinking on not opening it.  Jot down the reference numbers, who it is from and call PayPal and ask them about it.  If your paypal account has not transactions it may be a new spoof message designed to go after New Seller accounts with zero to low feedback counts. 

Login to Me Too

Vanross
Contributor
Contributor
Would only paid transactions show up in PayPal or pending ones too?
I find it disturbing that my email address and fact I have ebay and paypal acts were known so quickly. Totally disturbing!
Login to Me Too

Linc1957
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Vanross  Both immediate payments and those with an echeck (pending) would show up in both eBay and PayPal.  But there would be a note on the PayPal trasnaction that is pending NOT to ship until payment clears.  echecks take about 3-5 business days to process.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.