Ebay seller won't refund my money

Perba
New Community Member

I bought an item in Ebay, I didn't noticed it was a for pick up first hand, when I am checking out it says free shipping so I paid the item. I've been waiting for my purchased but never arrived. I contacted the seller and told me to pick up the item, I live in L.A. and the seller is in Cincinnati, so I told him I cannot pick the item and requested for a refund. I called ebay and they decided to side with the seller. I lost my money and received nothing.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Kenlar
Contributor
Contributor
You would have to open a dispute for PayPal to challenge seller on ur behalf. Found these steps.

How to open a dispute
If you purchased the item from one of our merchants, follow these simple steps:
Open a dispute in the Resolution Center within 180 calendar days of your purchase.
Click “Dispute a Transaction.”
Select item dispute.
Be aware that disputes must be opened within 180 days of your payment date, and that you and the seller will have 20 days to work things out.
How to escalate a dispute claim
If your initial attempt to resolve the problem with the seller is unsuccessful, you can escalate your case to a claim.
Here's how:
Click on your existing case in the Resolution Center.
Select “File a Claim.”
You must file your claim within 20 days of when the dispute was first opened. Then, we’ll review your case and try to provide a final decision within 30 days.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you can try opening a case of item not received on Paypal and see what happens,if he cant prove with DC he has shipped and delivered,you would get your money back.

Or if you want the item,pay shipping,most sellers would be glad to sell.

Login to Me Too

Linc1957
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Whac-A-Mole

@sumiko wrote:

you can try opening a case of item not received on Paypal and see what happens,if he cant prove with DC he has shipped and delivered,you would get your money back.

Or if you want the item,pay shipping,most sellers would be glad to sell.

This does not work for an item clearly listed as Local Pickup ... this is not sound advice for the Buyer.

@Perba  The Buyer should first politely request a Cancellation of the purchase citing the fact that they missed the Local Pickup and were confused by the Free Shipping.  THIS "Free Shipping" showing up on Local Pickup items is an ongoing issue on the eBay Community discussions, it is misleading for Buyers when they see it.  A Seller cannot cancel a transaction without and official message from the Buyer requesting it.  If they get that message then they can cancel AND get their Final Value Fees credited back to their account.  If they refuse then the Buyer is on record POLITELY asking for the cancellation and can use this when and if the contact eBay.  After that, if the Seller refuses you can follow @Kenlar 's advice.  And whatever you do make sure you DO NOT mention Feedback in any of your messages with the Seller ... this is a violation of eBay's Feedback Extorsion policy.

Very sorry this happened and as I mentioned, the Free Shipping that appears when a Seller selects Local Pick up is misleading ... not your fault and not the Sellers.  A good Seller will accept your cancellation request and refund the $$ back and then sell the item again.  Check to see if the Seller has listed the item again for sale ...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.