Ebay refund question

davidbaird131
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I was issued a refund on April 9th for an item I purchased that was broken.  The seller sent me a screenshot of his paypal statement on the 17th that said the money was sent back on the 9th, but I still haven't gotten the money in my account.  I paid originally with a debit card.  Does it normally take this long for a refund to go through?  Thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

naughtyboy1012
Contributor
Contributor
I was offered a refund in a resolution between me and the seller. We'll the seller never made good and I'm out the $80 and the merchandise but the seller gets to keep both according to the resolution center .they managed to Jeri me around with lies until it's to much tine. And pay pal will not make them honor there agreement with me. HOW NICE. THANK U PAY PAL FOR NOTHING
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

did you open a case in the resolution center on Ebay or Paypal?

if so,the payment would be withheld from seller paypal account await outcome.

did you follow all the steps in the resolution?

if all else fails,file chargeback with the cc issuer

Login to Me Too

naughtyboy1012
Contributor
Contributor
Can't cuz it's been since xmas. The seller in China kept promising me a replacement was sent and I would receive it after a couple months said they were refunding me. Then said there was a problem with my pay pal account. Then said they were sending it and since they told me they didn't want the defective one returned I threw it away so pay pal ruled in there favor even with me emails as evidence. I sure don't understand it
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.