Ebay buyer received item, waited 2 months and filed a claim. Where's my cap??

toonsign
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

had a buyer who bought a cap on Ebay May 30th. July 20th filed a claim in stating they didn't like the cap so I said to send it back to me and I would refund their full purchase price plus shipping. Never heard from them and today the customers bank found the claim in favor of the buyer ($18.00).

Paypal was great. They originally decied that the claim by the buyer was not warranted and returned the purchase price to me bu tsince the customers bank found in their favor, Paypal paid them and did not take the money from my account.

I have no problem with this BUT what galls me is the buyer bought the cap, had it for 2 months and then made a claim in Ebay that they anted their money back as the cap was not what they wanted.  2 Months???? Give me a break. However, the buyer got their $18.00 back and kept the cap they didn't want.

My questions is, what can I do to get the cap back? I just contacted the buyer stating I want the cap back since their cost was fully refunded or I would inquire with Paypal and Ebay as to what to do about a fraudulent purchase. It's not the $18 I care about or the cap, it's just that, to me, the buyer bought the item knowing they would keep it  and get their money back. Just want the cap back so they don't get to gkeep their money and the cap. 

Just for the pricipal of it.

Been printing since 1987, selling on Ebay since 1999 and this is the 1st case of what I would consider fraud.

Comments appreciated.

Fred

Melbourne FL

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Linc1957
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@toonsign  I give you Kudos on that one ... I too would rather get the item back even if I pay the shipping then let the Buyer keep the item.  Your description of the Buyer's Bank processing the claim is a new one to me.  I sell on eBay too ... and have never heard of that.  Most claims are processed either through eBay's Resolution Center within 30 days of delivery or PayPal's within 180 days of delivery.  Nice that PayPal honored your Seller Protection.

I agree with you on this point too, "2  months!?!?".  That Buyer is destined for the BBL (Buyer Blocked List).

I doubt the Buyer will ever send the cap back ... they are probably already planning their next scam and maybe this was a low cost test run before they try a bigger one ... hope they get caught.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

ebay gives you 30 days to file dispute,but Paypal and credit card issuer give you 180 days.

This sounds like a chargeback,in a chargeback,buyer gets his money back and does not have to return the item.

Note-no return policy or refusal of return means you dont want the item back if you lose the dispute or chargeback.

accepting payment thru a payment processor like Paypal means you have no direct contact with his cc issuer,you dont know what your buyer tells his ccissuer,he could say the cap is defective and you refuse to refund/return/replace.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.