Ebay buyer doesn't pay yet and texts my phone asking for my Paypal email

collinwheeler92
New Community Member

I'm selling a camera on ebay and my item was marked as sold but the buyer has not paid for the item yet. The buyer then sends me a text message on my phone asking for my paypal email address? Do they really need that? Can't they just click pay now via paypal on ebay? Or is this a scam?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

yes,it is a scam.

your paypal email address would be used to send a fake paypal email saying you have received payment + freight,but you must troop to this website and pay freight,so Paypal will release the payment.

since you figure you will get the freight back,why not?

so now they have the freight money.

or they just tell you it has been paid,so ship now and come back and confirm,so now you lose your merchandise.

Login to Me Too

ArgenisGonzalez
Contributor
Contributor

Just wait until the buyer pays. I know, you sold an item & your trying to make money & can be desperate for it but, sometimes things like this happens. Just wait for them to pay via eBay & if they have a problem paying through eBay then, they can simply call in eBay to get help. For now, your part is done & now you await the buyers action as all you will do is wait for payment. IF  not received within 5 days of item sold then, file an unpaid item claim so eBay will be side by side & IF the buyer does not pay then, eBay will credit back your fees & you will sell the item again & the buyer will receive a strike.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.