Ebay Refund Mistake! HELP!

elamr7
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, im having an issue with a paypal refund of a transaction on ebay.  I listed something I wanted to sell and a buyer bought it.  The problem was that the person bought it the same day that hurricane Irma was hitting us here in Puerto Rico.  We lost all electric power and many services, including the post office, had to close until further notice.  It was said that we wouldn't be able to use these servides for months.  So I did the only thing I thought reasonable then, I explained the situation to the buyer and I canceled the order and issued a refund.

BUT, here's the problem.    Ebay kept telling me that I had a paid item and that I needed to ship it.  It kept reminding me of that.  Then, the post office resumed their services a couple of days later, so I contacted the buyer again (he really wanted the thing) and he understood and was willing to proceed.  So since ebay was telling me that I needed to ship, I assumed that the order cancelation had not processed.  So I printed a shipping label and I just left the package at the post office today.  

Only to receive a message from ebay, right as I'm walking out of the post office, telling me that the order was successfully canceled and that the refund is being processed.

I dont know what to do.  I mark the item as paid but nothing happens.  I already used the money I got from this sale, I NEEDED IT!  

I need help with this.  I dont want paypal to charge me the about for the refund, and I don't know how to stop that.  The buyer is getting his order, I got the money, the transaction was completed.  Ebay never cancel the order, as far as I was aware.  It had never taken so long to complete a cancelation, it's been almost a week now.

Please help.  I don't want to have money issues now, i'm selling on ebay because I need money.  I don't need money problems now, I can't.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you have to call Ebay and tell them you have shipped and you dont want to cancel the order.

or if the cancel has gone thru,turning your Paypal balance to a negative amount,then send the buyer a money request

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

since you found out Ebay cancelled the order just whenyou were leaving the post office,why cant you go right back inside and grab your shipment?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.