Cant sell crypto using paypal

R2404
New Community Member

Hi, 

So, I sold Ripple on eBay and this one person placed 2 orders worth $350. After receiving them, he left a positive review. 2 days later he files a dispute claiming "unauthorized payment" for both orders. I asked PayPal and they told me to provide proof of shipment when following up with the dispute and I provided them with a message where the buyer told me his wallet id and my transaction history that I have sent XRP to that address. I messaged Paypal asking if its good enough as a proof and they replied saying that selling cryptocurrency using PayPal is against their policies and told me that they are looking into it and if the transactions were not made by the buyer they will refund him the money (and my ripples are gone) but if the transactions were made by him, ill get it back. I well enough know that the buyer is trying to scam me as its a new account (shouldn't have sold it to him) and deep inside I know PayPal will give him his money back.   

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I dont think Paypal can be used for buying and selling  cryto currencies,however someone is selling mining contract on Ebay.

if he files item not received,then you will lose as digital goods have no physical delivery and you cannot prove delivery using commercial carrier.

but he files UA,then it is a matter of finding out if it is indeed unauthorised,Paypalhas way to find out.

then he can go to his ccissuer if he loses on Paypal.

aren't  these cryto coins tanking these days?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

does Ebay allow cryto coins?

Login to Me Too

vaughan2
Contributor
Contributor

Been with paypal longer 15 years IM done do NOT sell crypto using paypal you will get **bleep** NO HELP

Login to Me Too

vaughan2
Contributor
Contributor

same here paypal **bleep** ME been a member 15 years maybe more sold some crypto on ebay now saying that its fraud well to paypal in the future you GONE cause pretty crypto will be more useful no more paypal.....paypal only helps the ones **bleep** over sellers

Login to Me Too

vaughan2
Contributor
Contributor

I Hope nothing but paypal to loose everything...thanks for helping me with my claim to paypal you can just buy crypto on ebay just called your card say it was stolen.. funny thing is paypal won me in favor first then open another claim that already was settled paypal 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

high risk items,better take non credit card,non paypal payment.

You have no tracking number to prove delivery from a commercial carrier.

digital and virtual goods are not covered

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@vaughan2 wrote:

I Hope nothing but paypal to loose everything...thanks for helping me with my claim to paypal you can just buy crypto on ebay just called your card say it was stolen.. funny thing is paypal won me in favor first then open another claim that already was settled paypal 

a scammer who buys from you on Ebay,can file 3 days-first ebay ,then Paypal,then his cc issuer.

It sounds like you may win with Paypal but lost with cc issuer.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.