Can't use PayPal Credit on eBay.

Gurren
Contributor
Contributor

I noticed that I have $506 in PayPal Credit in my account. I tried to buy something on eBay and it said that it couldn't authorize my payment. I also tried to buy something on a different site and got rejected. Why is it showing $506 on the main page in  PayPal when I can't even use any of it?

Login to Me Too
47 REPLIES 47

MissMaryMack83
New Community Member
I too am having the same problem. I've tried everything. Anyone find a solution yet??
Login to Me Too

MrHerk1
New Community Member

Same problem here.  I am a long time user of Paypal, and created the account primarily for use with Ebay, but have expanded its use over time.  Still my goto for Ebay but if I can't use it, starting to wonder why I should maintain it.  Everything worked fine until the PayPal Credit switch.  Very disappointing.

Login to Me Too

Rury
New Community Member

I had the same problem, then figured out how to fix it. Go to Paypal Settings (the gear icon), click on Edit in Payment Settings, then for Paying Online choose the Paypal Credit option. Try re logging into your Ebay account after you do this for the option to show up. I don't know if this will work for everyone, but it did for me.

Login to Me Too

Jobie2184

This actually worked for me! Thank you! 

Login to Me Too

JessLace

Try having over $4,000 "available" and not being able to use it. I've had the same problem over a month now, and I'm so frustrated! If you get any helpful/useful feedback from customer service, please share. All I keep getting from them is, "It's just a bug, and we're working on it." Well...it's a "bug" linked to MY credit line! Not too comforting.

Login to Me Too

Badtag1
Contributor
Contributor

Muxst be nice to have even close to that amount as avalible credit .  i would love to get mine jumped to 600.00 from the 500.00 i havem, or even up to 800.00 for paypal credit, not the credit card.. but would love to get a credit card with 1,000.00 on it., even with my credit score..

Login to Me Too

jlenart517
New Community Member

I've been having the same problem for the past couple days. I finally figured it out. The shipping address on eBay has to match the shipping address on PayPal. I guess it has to do with verification, if one account doesn't match the other, the transaction won't go through. Come to think of it, it's a good security feature but instead of denying payment from paypal credit, it should ask to make sure information matches. 

Login to Me Too

KILLERHIGHLIFE
New Community Member

I've literally tried all of these fixes and it still won't give me the option to select PayPal Credit. I'm about to just give up! UGH!

Login to Me Too

Nomore777
Contributor
Contributor

I am one more in the list, having the same issues, having a credit line approved without possibilities to use it specially on ebay, trying and trying and my efforts don't have any results. Now I am very dissapointed because I also seek for help but nobody can tell me what is going on. So, here I am in this forum crying with all of you... 😞

Login to Me Too

ElJede29
New Community Member
My addresses match and still cannot get the purchase to go through. Crazy thing is I was able to purchase one item after a few attempts and realized it was the wrong item, tired to purchase the right model and tension wouldn't process. I connected Paypal and got the lamest answer ever. There must be a problem with returns in the item so the transaction is not processing...hunh? One had success at Ebay once, Nike via app and Foot Locker after several attempts. I even tried getting a new eBay account and no success.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.