Can't use PayPal Credit on eBay.

Gurren
Contributor
Contributor

I noticed that I have $506 in PayPal Credit in my account. I tried to buy something on eBay and it said that it couldn't authorize my payment. I also tried to buy something on a different site and got rejected. Why is it showing $506 on the main page in  PayPal when I can't even use any of it?

Login to Me Too
47 REPLIES 47

Eugene1234
Contributor
Contributor
Android. The following worked for me so it may or may not work in other circumstances. First I went to google play and deleted my tied Paypal account. Then re-added my Paypal.and accepted the paypal terms that google-play is authorized. Did this just to be sure. Then I updated the android app through google play, in which I tried to buy a subscription with. Retried to buy a subscription within the app. It worked.
Login to Me Too

mooseamerica
Contributor
Contributor

I have been researching this for a month or better now! I have been on the phone, chat, email, with Paypal credit, Paypal, Paypal business reps and techs! For all of which are of NO success!! For my only success in being able to use my Paypal credit is when checking out on a site I select the PAYPAL CREDIT button (not the Paypal button, for that is by having inside your Paypal account your default funding source Paypal credit cause it will only try & use a credit card that is linked inside your Paypal) you will only see the Paypal button and then their (the site your on) website option continue to checkout (DONT SELECT PAYPAL) select continue and there when you see credit card options the PALPAL CREDIT option is now available (sometimes Paypal also) that when you want to select PAYPAL CREDIT, fill in your birth date and last 4 of social it will ask you if you have a Paypal and to sign in!

SO in my research and self conclusion is that if YOU applied for Paypal CREDIT while in the process of checking out via a website and they offer apply either bill me later or Paypal credit now and you select then to apply and are approve then link your Paypal credit to your Paypal CREDIT (BILL ME LATER) your credit will never be able to be used as payment other then the above way I explained ^^^^^^^^

I have tried everything changing to a business account ,personal account, with a credit card, without a credit card, with a bank account, without a bank account, with a mobile linked, without a mobile link, with Paypal here, with Paypal me, selecting Paypal (not Paypal credit) …..I have done it all nothing has worked ! THIS HAS BEEN THE ONLY way to use my Paypal credit! I cant use it for the options in which Paypal ADVERTISES  ei., sending money to friends or family, paying for good and services, easy mobile check out, easy fast checkout at a store! I have read entire forums on this subject and am very disgusted with the fact Paypal has been aware of this issue and has yet to take the necessary actions to correct this PROBLEM that’s be on going and goes back as when they took over Bill Me Later they to had same issues!!I think folks just get so tired of trying and trying to get it to work as default payment and just simply give up or by then they will have Paypal (comesdy bank) demanding their money for the first purchase they made which is the start of this issue!

THIS IS AN ONGOING ISSUE GLITCH IN THE SOFWARE ON PAYPALS END THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ADDRESS FAR TO LONG AGO! AFTER ALL THE INTEREST AND MONEY THEY HAVE MADE OF US THIS IS A SAD SIMPLE ISSUE Paypal HAS NEGLECTED TO FIX!! FALSE ADVERTISING IN THE LEAST NOW THAT THEIR SERVICE DOESNT PROVIDE THE FITURES IN WHICH I HAVE BEEN TOLD I GET THIS HAVING Paypal CREDIT. BOTH COMEDITY BANK AND Paypal SHOULD BE ASHAMED

Login to Me Too

Colleen6417
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing with me,tried using my PayPal Credit on EBay 3 times and I get a message on top of the screen that says I can't ...I have over 1k in available credit??? What's going on??
Login to Me Too

phoeniXocean
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue. I've been using Paypal Credit for years and all of a sudden now it will not allow me to select it as an option during eBay checkout. It's completely greyed out and claims:

• A seller isn’t eligible to accept PayPal Credit
  • You’re buying an item sold in a currency that is not supported
  • You have a PayPal Smart Connect or PayPal Extras MasterCard linked to your PayPal account

None of which is accurate. Called Paypal who blames eBay; called eBay who blames Paypal. Still can't get any answers. I have more than enough credit for purchases.

Login to Me Too

simmonsd1996

I'm having the same exact problem, I really need to make this purchase for school

Login to Me Too

Rosereyd
Contributor
Contributor

same here ............

@phoeniXocean wrote:

I'm having the same issue. I've been using Paypal Credit for years and all of a sudden now it will not allow me to select it as an option during eBay checkout. It's completely greyed out and claims:

• A seller isn’t eligible to accept PayPal Credit
  • You’re buying an item sold in a currency that is not supported
  • You have a PayPal Smart Connect or PayPal Extras MasterCard linked to your PayPal account

None of which is accurate. Called Paypal who blames eBay; called eBay who blames Paypal. Still can't get any answers. I have more than enough credit for purchases.

Login to Me Too

markfran4
New Community Member

Samezies.   My credit ran out right when i really want it.  Any resolutions here?

Login to Me Too

Skilner123
Same here.. sent email to customer service describing just that and got back that "some sellers don't accept paypal credit". I tried explaining that it's all sellers and all items, **bleep** I bought something accidentally with my regular PayPal account just trying to get anything to work. It's a **bleep** glitch and they aren't listening.
Login to Me Too

Deedramaude
New Community Member

I am having the same issue. The only thing I can figure out is it must be because I have a disputed item?

Login to Me Too

Johnm4
New Community Member
Bull crap i called 7 x no help what so ever. Rip off . Paypal credit and commentity bank rip off
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.