Can't use PayPal Credit on eBay.

Gurren
Contributor
Contributor

I noticed that I have $506 in PayPal Credit in my account. I tried to buy something on eBay and it said that it couldn't authorize my payment. I also tried to buy something on a different site and got rejected. Why is it showing $506 on the main page in  PayPal when I can't even use any of it?

Login to Me Too
47 REPLIES 47

PayPal_AdamD

Hi Gurren -

Thanks for reaching out to us here. I am sorry to hear that you are running into this. This is something we would have to take a look at your account for. You can click on "contact us" at the bottom of any of our page to get information on how to get in touch with us. You could also reach out to us on Twitter or Facebook and we would be happy to take a look.

- Adam

Login to Me Too

smokiejoe5
New Community Member

Hi Adam.  Looks like i'm in the same boat as Gurren and a couple others.  Can't get my new Paypal Credit to work either.  Also when going to "contact" It just loops when trying to phone numbers or Email I Don't Twitter. Will try facebook next.  Smokie5

Login to Me Too

unicorn1
New Community Member

I've been using paypal credit for a looooooooooooooooong time on ebay!!  Today, I tried using it, all I could use was my bank account and major credit card!! When I called ebay, the woman asked me to CHANGE MY SERVER to INTERNET EXPLORER!! I HATE I E!  Why should I change server just for ebay's convience?  Needless to say, I HUNG UP ON HER, THEN EBAY CALLED ME BACK 6 TIMES IN A ROW!!!!!!!!!!  I FINALLY SAID QUIT CALLING ME! They finally did.

Login to Me Too

Baxter_1952
New Community Member

I have the same problem.  My paypal credit account works on other sites, but not with ebay.  I spent at least 2 hours on the phone with paypal to try to resolve this problem, but no one seemed to know what was causing the problem.  Very frustrating, and it doesn't seem as if they are seeking a resolution to this problem.  In the past, paypal's customer service was excellent, so their inability and/or lack of motivation to fix this is uncharacteristic.

Login to Me Too

Thedr
New Community Member

Same here, it is very frustrating.  I have a fairly new paypal credit account and can not use it. I Have spent hours on the phone with paypal credit and they can not tell me what is wrong.  They have checked all of my account info, and I have no balance (since I have never used it) and I have available credit.  When I try to use paypal credit I get a message saying the payment type you are using is not working, try another payment type.   They keep telling me it must be an internal system issue and to let the system calm down a few days and try again.   My wife has paypal credit and has used it with out any problems on the same computer so I know it is not a browser problem.  She can send money to my paypal account with no problem, and I can then transfer to my bank accoutn. I just can not use my paypal credit line!  No one can give me a solution. 

Login to Me Too

Xxchaoserene
New Community Member
You seem overly tempermental. Its not her fault you have to switch browsers, and it probably has more to do with the browser than ebay. Why should you change servers for ebays convenience? You got it backwards, you choose to shop there for your OWN convenience. Whether or not a tempermental "unicorn" buys from them they could care less..your just a number. I dont understand why youre so **bleep** offended over something so simple..your time must be more valuable than others (*eyeroll*). If you call to troubleshoot something maybe next time just get off the phone normally and they wouldnt call you six times. Or, you could just act like an adult.
Login to Me Too

Johnm4
New Community Member
You work for paypal? Then fix this i called 7x no one has a clue THERE. Very bad customer service
Login to Me Too

Geejaysf
New Community Member
Or you can not troll a section where people are having issues.
Login to Me Too

BG4Life
Contributor
Contributor

I tried the whole "switch browser" and mine still don't work. $2500 sitting there and can't use it anywhere, not even on PAYPAL'S OWN SHOPPING SITES, what's the whole point of this service? Went to Sears.com, right from PayPal shopping, and the credit isn't even an available option. Pointless.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.