Buyer refunded but refuse to return the item by some reason!

doomwisher
Contributor
Contributor

Hello there!

I sold expensive item on eBay for 6300$! After buyer received the item he immediatly opens dispute on PayPal for (Item not described, fake or counterfeit) ... and he leave me negative feedback without even contacting me! 
So I know my item is not fake but OK no problem I try to contact him few times he didn't answer me at all and I was in the mood "OK I will refund him and he will return my item ... no problem" there is only 10 days from PayPal to make a decision and I clicked on "Fully Refund the Buyer and the Buyer will return the item after he ships it and it said Delivered" or something like that ... and Paypal assure me that they will put the money on hold until I receive the item!
But there is a LOT of members who claim that isn't the deal and many buyers are refunded and keeping the item at the same time! 
I still try to contact the buyer trough email and ebay, but there is no answer at all ...

Currently the case status is - "Awaiting other party's response"

So I'm a bit scared of the consequences what will happened next!

So there is my questions:
What will happened if buyer never ships my item back?

How many time he has to respond to the case?

What I'm gonna do If I receive other item but not mine? *how can I even proove it ...

Thank you! 🙂

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @doomwisher,

These are all great questions! I would be happy to provide some updates on the claim process for you.

If the buyer does not provide return shipping to us, the claim will be closed in your favor. The funds would be released back into your PayPal balance.

The buyer is generally given 10 days to provide return tracking information.

If you receive the package from the buyer and the item is in a different condition than what was originally sent, you would have the ability to appeal the claim. Here are instructions how to appeal the claim decision.

I hope this information helps Smiley Happy

Thanks,
Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18
Solved

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @doomwisher,

These are all great questions! I would be happy to provide some updates on the claim process for you.

If the buyer does not provide return shipping to us, the claim will be closed in your favor. The funds would be released back into your PayPal balance.

The buyer is generally given 10 days to provide return tracking information.

If you receive the package from the buyer and the item is in a different condition than what was originally sent, you would have the ability to appeal the claim. Here are instructions how to appeal the claim decision.

I hope this information helps Smiley Happy

Thanks,
Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Cocoresort11
Contributor
Contributor

It does not go smooth as you tell.

If you don't call to the eBay CS and ask to close, it is still there and since eBay does not give the specific time frame, we have to wait 1 & half month to wait the return in the past which mean you neither have item nor get money for 1 & half month.

Meanwhile you receive the eBay invoice and the final value fee for the item is still there even though the return was not done yet.

Now, you are charged the final value fee from eBay but no item, no money.

Calling CS whenever the buyer did not return the item even they requested Return, takes the seller's time too much and if you are not lucky enough to be able to get the correct CS, it is escalated wrongly and you loose the Top rated status (It happened us ).

Also, PayPal does not show the Reversal on that day to close. So, you don't know if it was reversed unless you check the sold date and click the old sold item list. It is really inconvenience.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@doomwisher

Currently the case status is - "Awaiting other party's response"

So I'm a bit scared of the consequences what will happened next!

So there is my questions:
What will happened if buyer never ships my item back?

How many time he has to respond to the case?

What I'm gonna do If I receive other item but not mine? *how can I even proove it ..-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have responded to the case by saying return for full refund,so now the ball is in his court,he has X number of days to return the item,upload tracking number and wait for it to be delivered and signed for.

(payment $750 and over must be signed for).

Once tracking show it has been delivered,Paypal robot will refund him.

If he does not return the item in X number of days,PAYPAL will close the case,refund YOu the money assuming he changed his mind and want to keep his item.

If he returns a box of rocks ,then you will appeal the case ,take picture of what you received.

Unfortunately,Paypal has not seen the item and cant tell who is telling the truth,for that kind of money,it would be tough to decide who wins?

If he loses,he can do a chargeback with his cc issuer. I CAN ASSURE YOU PAYPAL IS NOT GOING TO EAT THE LOSS

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will give you a case which happens on Ebay last year,a Florida shop which has been in business for over 60 years and selling on Ebay for several years sold a preowned Rolex to a US buyer for $26,000.

They shipped the watch with its box and brochures via Fed Exp weighing 4 lbs.

The buyer does not like the item and wish to return the item.

They issue a call tag and Fed Exp returned the watch,it weighs 1 lb.

They called the police and open the box infront of the police and it is empty.

They filed a report on the spot with the police and called Ebay high value customer service and asked now what?

Ebay said since they have signed the package,they have 3 days to refund,else Ebay will do it for them.

Seller should THEN take it up with Fed EXP.

Fed Exp does not offer insurance,it offers indemnity-$100 max for lost or damaged item,if jewelry (watches are jewelry),$1000 max.

Fed EXP expects its customers to insure content with third party insurer.

Thats Ebay.

What would PAYPAL do in this case?

I would think they will do the same?

On ebay there is a saying,dont sell anything you cant afford to lose.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@doomwisher

Is this an Ebay transaction?

Why did he not file dispute on Ebay,for item not as described,seller pays return shipping,he gets to print the shipping label on Ebay/

If he can prove item is counterfeit,both Ebay and Paypal will ask him to destroy the item and get his money back in full.  

Login to Me Too

doomwisher
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your fast answers! @PayPal_Tricia & @lancelotme
I still try to contact the buyer but there is nobody on the otherside ...

His time will run out on 19th September ...

I'm starting to be worry about him ...

I prefer to refund him and get my item and somehow negotiate with him to revise this horrible negative feedback that he left me on eBay without even contact me ... I'm more worried about my reputation than money in this case ... otherwise nobody will want to buy from me I have almost 100 positive feedback and lots of satisfied customers for items that worth 5000$ +++ and this negative feedback is a huge blow to my reputation!
If I win the case or buyer is refunded can I ask eBay to remove this feedback or this is not their job?
Many Thanks!

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

No,his feedback will stay,you can send him a feedback revision request and ask him to change his feeback.

The only time his feedback willbe removed is if he is suspended by Ebay or his feedback is malicious,meaning to destroy you or have no ground.

Some sellers will bribe the buyer to remove negative feedback,money talks,you know!

You can plead with him,offer to refund his shipping cost,give him discount on next purchase and ask him to tone down his feedback,instead of a neg,make it a neutal.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

No body on the other side,means he does not want to respond.

He could be out reselling the stuff,or he has or soon to return your item or WORSE,he is getting it verified that it is a fake,then he may not have to return the item.

what is the item?

Login to Me Too

doomwisher
Contributor
Contributor

I have just noticed that buyer add tracking number and Paypal refunded him already!
But I can't see any tracking number at all and the case is closed by Paypal!
I just receive email from Paypal that buyer added tracking number and case is closed! ...

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

YOU SHOULd see the tracking number in your case /resolution center.

if you dont see it and you dont have the return( and it should be signed for because it is more than $750),you need to appeal  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.