Buyer opened clkaim on e bay which waas closed now has opened one on paypal what next ?

daveydave7
Contributor
Contributor

Not as complucated as it sounds

I am the seller. Item  was listed as Used and no returns

Buyer bought item then realised it wont fit his system. A clear and accurate descriiption was given on e bay Buyer opens case saying it doesnt fit and doesnt have a socket for his cable It was never designed to have such a socket

He opens his ebay case and I note that I am not obliged to accept a return so I ask him for some clarification. I give him a day to reply then refuse the refund and close the case

Buyer then threatens me with negative feedback etc etc. 

Tonight he opens a case on paypal claiming "not fit for intended purpose "

I reply basically reiterating that it was sold as described and I didnt offer returns on the item I add that he should have bought the correct type for his device

So what happens now. If I ESCALATE it to paypal can they find in his favour and allow him to keep the item so I lose both the item and my money

Really worried here any genuine help appreciated 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

daveydave7
Contributor
Contributor

To add to my original post. Paypal closed his claim down today citing that his claim did not qualify for a refund because it didnt meet the definition of not as described. I am very happy at this and the prompt way paypal dealt with it. I then received negative feedback on e bay which was removed because he had sent messages threatening me with negative if I didnt adhere to his request so it was dealt with as feedback extortion and removed.

Very happy over this 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

robot will decide in his favor and ask him to return the item with tracking,when tracking shows delivered,the payment will revert back to him.

you get your item back to fight another day,he gets his money to find the ideal match.

make sure you get your ebay fee back by cancelling the order

Login to Me Too
Solved

daveydave7
Contributor
Contributor

To add to my original post. Paypal closed his claim down today citing that his claim did not qualify for a refund because it didnt meet the definition of not as described. I am very happy at this and the prompt way paypal dealt with it. I then received negative feedback on e bay which was removed because he had sent messages threatening me with negative if I didnt adhere to his request so it was dealt with as feedback extortion and removed.

Very happy over this 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

He can still file chargback with his credit card issuer,if he has used a credit card.

if he wins,he gets his money back,he gets to keep the item and you will be socked with $20 fee

Login to Me Too

daveydave7
Contributor
Contributor

To be blunt I hope your wrong. I note you were wrong about the "bot" so hope your wrong here

Ones things out the way anyway which is his attempt at feedback extortion. 

Happy at that. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.