Brought some items recently, preferred payment switched to bank with 0 funds

mistercory88
Contributor
Contributor

So, I bought some things recently, and somehow my preferred payment was switched to Bank's savings account.  Well, my bank saving's account has 0 funds on it, but i have more than enough in my paypal balance to balance to cover the purchases. 

I doubt my bank my will accept the "transfers" or purchases, since it has 0 funds in it.  So what happens then?  I assume paypal will just take the money out of my balance.  Is it possible paypal will fine me because of this?

Or Is it possible my bank would charge me into the negative because of this?  Should I run down to the bank and put money in it?  I guess I should probably call the bank and ask them

Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Run down to the bank and put some money in it.  Otherwise your bank will charge you NSF fees and put you in the negative. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

when you place an order,review carefully where the fund will be taken,switch it to paypal fund,if you cant,dont place the order.

Paypal wil try twice toa ccess your bank account and your bank could charge you NSF twice.

you can transfer your paypal fund toyour bank account but it may be too late   

Login to Me Too

mistercory88
Contributor
Contributor

Normally when I buy on ebay it automatically is paid with my papypal balance, and I do still have more than enough in my paypal to pay for the stuff I ordered.

I guess a couple of weeks ago I removed a debit card from my paypal that I never used, and in doing that, it automatically made my preferred payment to Bank for some stupid reason, even though I ALWAYS paid with paypal balance

And yes, I bought the items 2-6 days ago, so I guess I've already been fined by my bank which is crap and too late to transfer the funds from paypal to the bank.  Oh well, lesson learned I guess to always check what the payment details on ebay.  Fml

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.