Bidding

DickieR29
Contributor
Contributor
I really made a huge mistake this morning! And really dont know how this is going to work-out or what is going to happen? When I was bidding on a sports shirt I hit $775 instead of $7.75, that is a huge difference & how do I go about fixing this cotastrophe? Or at least I surely hope I can fix this mess I got myself into?
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DickieR29

This is paypals forum and not ebays so you should really post on ebays forum for this sort of advice.

However i think i can help, you are entitled to 'retract your bid' but need to do so asap.

Click on help top of ebays page > select bidding and buying on the right > buying basics > and then hit the retract bid section options.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you should cancel your bid,giving reason of entering wrong amount.

but I doubt the competitive bidding will go that high,if you cant cancel it,ask the seller to do it for you.

or call Ebay and speak to an overseas rep.

Login to Me Too

Linc1957
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Whac-A-Mole

@sumiko wrote:

you should cancel your bid,giving reason of entering wrong amount.

but I doubt the competitive bidding will go that high,if you cant cancel it,ask the seller to do it for you.

or call Ebay and speak to an overseas rep.

FYI: Buyers can not Cancel bids, they can Retract a bid within a certain amount of time (I believe it is one hours) BUT have to replace it with another bid.  Only Sellers can Cancel bids and have to have a message from the buyer to do it OR they can do it based on suspicions that the Buyer may not be a good Buyer.  While I know this post is a little late on this thread it is an accurate one regarding Bids - Retractions - Cancelling Bids ...

@DickieR29, @kernowlass

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Linc1957

Would you like to point out where in my post I mentioned 'cancelling a bid'?

I am perfectly aware buyers retract and sellers cancel which is why i stated this >>

you are entitled to 'retract your bid' but need to do so asap.

Click on help top of ebays page > select bidding and buying on the right > buying basics > and then hit the retract bid section options.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Linc1957
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@kernowlass  Re-read my post, you and the OP were "copied" at the bottom, my post was in reply to another member's post who didn't get it quite right.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.