Accepting an offer but no payment made.

nguyeus_fhw1z
Contributor
Contributor
Hello all, I recently sell an iphone on ebay. Someone offered a higher fixed price I want; and I accepted it. This means my iphone is marked as sold item but that guy has not made the payment. So what should I do right now? Sending that guy a message to alert him/her to make payment or just waiting? Thank you.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Linc1957
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@nguyeus_fhw1z  Normally when you have the Immediate Payment required the Buyer HAS to pay immediately.  Be careful, iphones are big scam items.  If the Buyer messages or texts you saying they need you email address to process the payment DON'T GIVE IT TO THEM ... that is a scam.  Also, you may get a message that looks like it is from PayPal saying the phone is paid for and it is okay to ship ...DON'T SHIP until YOU see the $$ in your PayPal account AND it does not say Pending!  You item is one of THE biggest scam targets on eBay so be very, very, very careful.

If they do not pay in 2 days you can process a UPI (Unpaid Item) in eBay's Resolution Center ... then wait 4 days for the Buyer to pay, if they don't then you can close the case and relist.  And again, MAKE SURE you have the Immediate Payment box checked on the item listing form if you Relist it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.