"Paypal refund actions concerning Ebay".

lyn99
Contributor
Contributor

While seeking a refund through Paypal for Ebay merchandise I got the following message:

Unfortunately, your purchase is no longer eligible for the eBay Money Back Guarantee since 30 days have passed since the estimated delivery date of the item...

Ebay is allowing foreign sellers to give extended delivery dates of 60+ days.

Refund window closes before expected delivery date? What?

It doesn't seem to me that Paypal should be allowing this.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

eBay's MBG terms regarding timelines:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html#timelines

But you're saying that the refund window closed before actual date or latest estimated delivery date?  What is the actual or estimated delivery date? Perhaps there was no estimated delivery information available, so eBay considers 30 days from the payment date for buyers and sellers in different countries as the cut off for refunds(?).  There's only 'actual' delivery date, 'estimated' delivery date and latest estimated delivery date.  No 'expected' delivery date, in the terms.

However, PayPal allows 180 days from date of payment to file dispute.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

This Ebay money back guarantee of 30 days after estimated or actual delivery is new to me.

There was a big uproar when Ebay introduced 180 days for buyer to open a dispute,but it looks like Ebay has reverted back to the old policy of 30 days.

Overseas sellers do get more time as most Chinese sellers ship free and they use the cheapest way possible.

But you can always file chargeback with your cc issuer.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

On the item listing ,under shipping information,the seller would specify method of shipping,cost and estimated delivery time.

Login to Me Too

lyn99
Contributor
Contributor

Correct, the Chinese seller gets more time, due to the "gift" they got from the US gov't to ship for basically nothing.

Buyer gets an "estimated' delivery date" several months away. 

The buyer waits patiently for these long ship times, but then have no recourse if their items don't arrive. Seller keeps the money, buyer is cheated. The refund denial comes from the PALPAL site, so they are involved.

From a look at the feedback of my seller, they're doing it on purpose on a small percentage of sales, as a profit center. It's a small amount of gain each month in US terms, but a lot of money in China.

My tracking number was fake, too. 

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

dont buy from the Chinese then .

Some use Ebay  fullfillment center in NJ.

I have bought from the Chinese,most arrived ,some take longer than others,I would not buy anything expensive from any overseas seller except Canada.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Before you buy,you should note the estimated delivery date?

If it is not acceptable to you,then dont buy from them.

The Chinese ship the cheapest way as it offers free shipping,but similar or identical items can be found from domestic sellers,you may pay more,but it is worth the extra $ to get it faster and arrive safer .

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.