ebay purchase - can't log in to PayPal

jerry570
Contributor
Contributor

I've been trying for over an hour to log in to pay .In the past when this has happened,I would re-enter my email and password  and log in after 2 or 3 tries . My login works here every time.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

jerry570 -

Welcome to the Community!

Short of completely resetting your password, there are two main recommendations I would make to help out with this.

First, clear your browser cache and cookies.

Next, go directly to PayPal and log in there.  Then either use our Pay for eBay Items link in Send Money or return to eBay and give it another go.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

jerry570
Contributor
Contributor

I did change my password and cleared internet explorer cache and cookies.That didn't make any difference.I was able log in and complete my purchase a couple of hours later .

As for  logging into PayPal and using the Pay for eBay Items link in Send Money, I just tried that with another purchase . I got the same screen so that didn't help .  

I do have a theory about it . At times , the link between eBay purchases and PayPal is broken or corrupted .

Login to Me Too

M-K-R
New Community Member

I am having the exact same issue and it is driving me crazy!  I have tried everything to fix this problem and nothing works!  It makes no difference if I use a different web browser.  If you come up with any solutions, please post!

Login to Me Too

DDCC

Clear you cache and cookies. 

Login to Me Too

jerry570
Contributor
Contributor

What seems to be messing up the link between ebay and PayPal is timing out when clicking onto PayPal .That seems to be caused by heavy traffic at ebay,PayPal, and internet service providers .

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.