Who should pay return postage seller or buyer?

sam00
New Community Member

Seller's return policy is period 14 days, return accepted.

On Ebay "find answers from seller" in the "Item I received is not as described" and "returns" section is written:

seller accepts returns. Cancel the purchase or return the item within 14 days. Return postage policy is Right to cancel: Seller pays return postage if the item is more than 40 Euro.

items is more than 40 euro

I contacted seller same day as I received item, seller respond was "this is agood item..... " and ignored that I want return the item and I opened case in the paypal  after day paypal respond was return item and pay for return postage , I sent them 2 emails that they should say that to seller not to me, still no answer maybe they are busy, but it's clear that seller should pay return postag.

what do you think?

thank you

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

PayPal_Erica

Hi sam00,

I'm sorry to hear about this happening. While we would like to see the seller live up to the terms they've posted in their return policy, I'm afraid we can't force it. If they are not cooperating you can certainly use our claims process instead.

With a PayPal claim, if the claim is found in your favor we will ask you to return the item to the seller for a full refund. In this case though it would be your responsibility to pay the return shipping costs per Buyer Protection guidelines.

I hope this answers your questions!

-Erica

Login to Me Too

gorann
Contributor
Contributor

Im convinced that in this way you are enabling fraudulant sellers like dx.com for example.

Pls see my topic. 

I paid for the items 10.80USD. After received, found out item description are completely false and items are completely useless (for any use I can think of).

And now I should pay 11$ for return shipping to get 10.80 refund? 

OF course not. 

And dx is keep selling such items, for year and more (there is writeen evidence about it at their customer forums), doesnt change the description, knowingly shipping wrong items. And makes huge profits on it. And its all accoriding to paypal "buyer protection" (??) policy. 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Did you activate PayPal Returns for your account in your jurisdiction?  Do a google search for PayPal Returns to see if you are eligible.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

IF YOu have filed the dispute on Ebay,Ebay will make the seller pays for return shipping.

If both seller and buyer are in USA ,Ebay will print buyer a return shipping label.

Once the item is shipped using this label,the postage is charged to the seller account.

But if the seller is in a different country,it is not possible for Ebay to go to that country postal website and print a label,so it is up to the seller if he would reimburse you for the return postage.

Paypal is different,if you win the case,you will have to pay for return shipping.

This is the price you pay for buying online,from an overseas seller.

Worse,you wil have to ship with tracking to get Paypal to refund you the original payment and it could get expensive.

so you learn a lesson,be careful when you buy from overseas seller.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I hope you didn't file a dispute yet because you have to activate the returns program for your account first.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@sharpiemarker wrote:

I hope you didn't file a dispute yet because you have to activate the returns program for your account first.

toolate,she has already filed

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Ok 

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

An Ebay seller stated in her listings,buyer pay return shipping.

When you buy something from a store,do you make the storekeeper come to your house to pick up the return?

Does the store reimburse you for your time and gas?

Only Ebay can do that.

Why?

Because it can !

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.