Was charged to my PayPal AND bank account.

hanonex
Contributor
Contributor
I bought an item using PayPal but for some reason I was charged twice, once to my bank account and once on my PayPal balance. I knew I didn't have enough money for the item in my bank account, which is why I chose to use my PayPal balance to pay for the item. So why would My bank account be charged if the money had already been taken out from PayPal? I had more than enough money for the item. Because they charged my bank, I got a overdraft fee. Is there anything I can do to get my money back and this fee waived?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

First thing PayPal do is check your PayPal balance to see if it’s enough to cover the payment. If you have enough money in your balance, they will use it to make the payment.  When you don’t have a PayPal balance or don’t have enough in your PayPal balance, PayPal use your bank account as the default payment method unless you select a different way to pay.

Tell the seller you made payment twice in error and ask them to cancel the second payment or issue a refund on their end.  Then talk to your bank and let them know that somehow the payment went through twice and see if they will waive the overdraft fee.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

First thing PayPal do is check your PayPal balance to see if it’s enough to cover the payment. If you have enough money in your balance, they will use it to make the payment.  When you don’t have a PayPal balance or don’t have enough in your PayPal balance, PayPal use your bank account as the default payment method unless you select a different way to pay.

Tell the seller you made payment twice in error and ask them to cancel the second payment or issue a refund on their end.  Then talk to your bank and let them know that somehow the payment went through twice and see if they will waive the overdraft fee.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

hanonex
Contributor
Contributor
I will call my bank later today and how for the best, thanks for the help.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.