Unauthorized Charges to Ebay Seller Fees

mrscoquat12

I'm super upset with Ebay and Paypal right now! I get an email saying that $146.25 was being paid to Ebay for seller transaction fees and reimbursements. I'm OUTRAGED. I haven't used Ebay since April 2012. I kept my paypal open as I sometimes use it for online retailers. 

Upon doing some digging in my Ebay and Paypal - I see that I had originally never had a billing agreement with Paypal. I only authorized Ebay seller fees when an invoice was sent to me previously. When I looked at Paypal it showed a billing agreement was entered into on Feb 16 2013 - once again - I NEVER used Ebay at this time. 

Upon calling Paypal, I get told by the Paypal rep on the phone that it is not their fault, I entereed the billing agreement and then they transferred me to an Ebay rep without researching further. I have now been transferred from Paypal to three different Ebay departments, then back to Paypal. 

I'm going into hour 2 of being on the phone. 

This is absurd. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Why did you stop using ebay.

Did you have an Ebay balance when you stopped using them.

" reimbursements" mean that you at some time had some ebay claims filed against you, you lost the claim and ebay paid out. 

Over a year ago they was a major update to the ebay and paypal user agreements, giving Ebay the right to debit your Paypal account, bank account or credit cards to cover the reimbursements thay had to pay out.

Login to Me Too

figueroa4
Contributor
Contributor

I JUST got an email saying that states "You set up a billing agreement to automatically pay your eBay seller fees and any reimbursements repayments made under the eBay Buyer Protection Policy." When we havent sold on eBay in quite awhile and neither one of us remembers changing or clicking on anything like this recently.

So its seems as if someone is changing things without permission. We dont owe any money though.  It tells me that if I want to change it back to "go to your Profile and click My money. You can choose your payment method and, if you wish, cancel your Payment Agreement in the "My preapproved payments" section."  Well I never changed it in the first place!

UPDATE: I just went into change it back. It shows it was setup yesterday and that the billing limit was set to $300,000 per month lol!

Login to Me Too

cmurph
New Community Member

I'm going through the same thing right now and can't figure out how to get my money back.

PayPal recently deducted 4 different charges for $29.99 from my checking account.  When I looked into it on PayPal, it stated it was an eBay charge for selling fees.  I think that I have only sold one small item years ago on eBay so I can't figure out why I'm getting charged something from them...certainly why $120 worth!  My eBay account doesn't show anything on my account recently, so I figured it was fraudulent.  I opened a dispute with PayPal, they denied it.  I haven't signed up for anything through eBay.

Has anyone had any luck getting their money refunded to them?  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.