USB

Chuckycollie-1
New Community Member

how do i stop an oder i made 15mins ago ?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

duplicate threads are not allowed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

terrisampson
Contributor
Contributor

To be a respectful and responsible member of the ebay community, you should contact the seller by email and explain to them you need to cancel your order, and why - if your reason is legit they will usually agree to cancel for you - but if they don't then you must either pay for it or risk a strike on your account as a non-paying bidder. 

Honestly, ebay members are expected to be mature individuals who can read and comprehend a contract and take business transactions seriously and not like an online game of candycrush, individuals who do not randomly click buttons or allow other people access to their account to make purchases they don't want.  I am NOT saying this is YOU!  But as a seller and frequent buyer, I can tell you it is SUPER annoying when someone cannot take the time to read how ebay works but signs up saying they accepted all the terms and understand it. We have to go through the steps of relisting the item, losing out on possible sales and MONEY in our pockets (everyone needs money) and waiting for a refund on our listing fees.  When an ebay member clicks "BUY IT NOW" and then completes the transaction, they have to understand they have completed the purchase and are held to a contract the signed an agreement to - it should be no different than signing a contract at a bank.

However sometimes mistakes do legitimately happen, and when they do, here are the steps to follow to cancel a purchase:

Step 1

Sign in to your eBay account and click "My eBay" on the toolbar.

Step 2

Click "Purchase History" in the sidebar to display your recent purchases. Find the item you want to cancel.

Step 3

Click "More Actions" in the item listing, and then select "Resolve a Problem."

Step 4

Select "I Want to Cancel a Purchase" from the list of potential problems, and then click the "Contact Seller" button. EBay opens a message window addressed to the seller.

Step 5

Write a message asking the seller to cancel the transaction. If you feel you have legitimate grounds for canceling the purchase, such as a significant change in the item description after you placed a bid, include your reasons in the message. If you simply changed your mind or no longer need the item, be honest about your reasons and rely on the seller's goodwill.

Step 6

Click "Send." If the seller agrees to cancel, you will receive an email from eBay asking you to confirm the cancellation. If the seller doesn't agree to cancel, you must either pay for the item or risk a complaint against you in eBay's dispute resolution center. If you get too many unpaid item complaints that are resolved in the seller's favor, your eBay account will be limited or suspended.

Step 7

Respond promptly to the email message from eBay if the seller agrees to the cancellation. You can click a link directly in the message to confirm. If you don't respond to the message, the seller is unable to cancel the transaction on his own, and the transaction automatically goes into the dispute stage four days after the date of the purchase. The seller also is unable to relist the item until you confirm the cancellation.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@terrisampson

Already answered on another thread, this is a duplicate one.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Chuckycollie-1
New Community Member

how do i cancel an order i just made? via paypal

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chuckycollie-1

Contact the seller and see if they will cancel and refund you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Chuckycollie-1
New Community Member

how do i cancel an order i just made? via paypal item no  231641024052 usb torch ?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chuckycollie-1

Contact the seller and ask if they will cancel and refund you.

If the payment is completed then its between you and the seller.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.