[SOLVED] Can't Add UPS Account to Paypal to Print Shipping Label

Jakoul
Contributor
Contributor

I'm running into a bit of an issue. I have sold an item on Ebay and had UPS listed as the shipping. It takes me to a page to add a UPS account to my Paypal account and I follow the instructions without issue. However, after I click on "I agree" after reviewing the terms & conditions I get the error, "PayPal Shipping is not available. We apologize for the inconvenience.". This happens with a UPS account made on the UPS website as well as the ones made through Paypal. My account has no current associated UPS account and I get the same error if I try to add it under settings. I first tried 6 hours ago and am still getting the problem. How do I get around, "PayPal Shipping is not available. We apologize for the inconvenience."? Is the service currently down?

I ended up calling Paypal and the cause was UPS needs a home phone number on the Paypal account but I had my phone number under mobile by accident.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

brendathomas196
New Community Member

This just worked for me as well.  Thank-you!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10
Solved

brendathomas196
New Community Member

This just worked for me as well.  Thank-you!

Login to Me Too

GolfinJohn
New Community Member

Worked for me as well.  I just had to go to PayPal account settings and change my phone number to be "Home" instead of "mobile".

Login to Me Too

juhudson
New Community Member

This worked for me as well. What a relief! I initially tried to call eBay and they've had me on hold for almost an hour.

Login to Me Too

yazz7886
New Community Member

After an hour of frustration....this simple step solved my problem too!! Thank you!

Login to Me Too

koauctions
New Community Member

@Jakoul wrote:

I'm running into a bit of an issue. I have sold an item on Ebay and had UPS listed as the shipping. It takes me to a page to add a UPS account to my Paypal account and I follow the instructions without issue. However, after I click on "I agree" after reviewing the terms & conditions I get the error, "PayPal Shipping is not available. We apologize for the inconvenience.". This happens with a UPS account made on the UPS website as well as the ones made through Paypal. My account has no current associated UPS account and I get the same error if I try to add it under settings. I first tried 6 hours ago and am still getting the problem. How do I get around, "PayPal Shipping is not available. We apologize for the inconvenience."? Is the service currently down?

I ended up calling Paypal and the cause was UPS needs a home phone number on the Paypal account but I had my phone number under mobile by accident.

This worked for me as well!  There are a couple of points worth noting that I found to help solve this problem.  1) Make sure the contact information you are entering on the PayPal site matches your UPS account information exactly (i.e., if you have no hyphens in your phone number in one account, you should not enter them while signing up for the other; If you put a period at the end of Rd., Dr., or Ave. in one account, do the same in the other, etc. . . ).   2) It was important that the phone number you use is the phone number you have listed as your "Home" number in your general paypal profile.   Hope this helps!

Login to Me Too

mksm1974
New Community Member

I just had the same issue & called Paypal. They said it was an "internet problem" with UPS. I hung up, came to this board, changed my phone number to home & it worked! Thank you!!!

Login to Me Too

lonelotus
New Community Member

This did not work for me.

Login to Me Too

white7wolf
New Community Member

THANK YOU for posting this, I have been fighting this error since last night and your post fixed my issue.

Login to Me Too

paul_yw_kim
New Community Member

This WORKS! Thanks a ton!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.