Pending Payment? Funds availability: Try later

Silva171
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I sold an item on Ebay. On 04-AUG-2015 . Im trying to see when my money will be ready but its saying try later! The buyer is enjoying is item, and im here waiting for the money, that i don't know when it will be ready! I want to know if this is  normal? Any other way to see when my funds will be available?

Paypal holds the money 21 days correct? So my money will be ready on day 25? But that this is saying try later for a week now, i don't want to lose my money or something!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

New seller hold that every new seller goes through.

The money is held for 21 days which means its released on day 22 but if you sent the item trackable and have uploaded the tracking number then it should be available sooner.

Info in the links below.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/security/ebay-payments-learn-more

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/helpcenter/helphub/article/?solutionId=FAQ1646&topicID=RECEIVING_M...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Silva171
Contributor
Contributor

Ok. And the thing saying: Try later is that normal?

Login to Me Too

nannie51
Contributor
Contributor

Why does it keep saying try later for funds availability? It has been like this for days now. have been with eBay for 5 years now and never had one bad review have 100 per cent positive so do not believe that this is done just for new sellers, it is wrong how they are allowed to do this, there should be a system in place whereby the receiver of the item or items has to click something or whatever to say they have received the item and then funds automatically released. Any way does anyone know why it keeps saying try later. Thank you 

Login to Me Too

USofAllOfUsA
Contributor
Contributor
I totally agree with you. PayPal's policy is outrageous it does not just apply to new sellers. I have yet to see anywhere what the exact length of time or number of transactions PayPal considers appropriate to become an "established seller". The fact that they don't hold funds for small amounts tells me they're not doing it to protect all buyers, just the ones they can profit from. I'd also love to know a total amount of our money that PayPal is holding at any given time and how much they make in interest on that money.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.